Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: BulletProof Coffee page 39

AnneArchy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Back to BC-
    Pros -
    The satiety from 8:30 am to lunchtime at 2pm
    A way to get at least some coconut oil without gagging..
    the mental alertness coffee gives me after switching to decaf for long..
    maybe my weight is finally starting to budge w/this?

Cons-
    This makes me feel like sh*t! if I do anything physical within hours of consuming it if it's the only thing I've had. It's hard to walk even a 1/2 hour. One time I tried working out a couple hours after having it and I could barely get out 10 reps of exercises that I could usually do 25 of or more. I feel like my muscles get very tense and it's hard to exert any energy.

Maybe it has been brought up before but fat is not a good energy source. Having some carbs or even a fasted state in the morning works way better for me.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneArchy View Post
    Maybe it has been brought up before but fat is not a good energy source. Having some carbs or even a fasted state in the morning works way better for me.
    Agreed. It's great for workday mornings where you need mental acuity for 5 straight hours, but my workouts also crash and burn running only on fats for that day. Carbs can be awesome sometimes

dana_leigh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneArchy View Post
    Back to BC-
    Cons-
    This makes me feel like sh*t! if I do anything physical within hours of consuming it if it's the only thing I've had. It's hard to walk even a 1/2 hour. One time I tried working out a couple hours after having it and I could barely get out 10 reps of exercises that I could usually do 25 of or more. I feel like my muscles get very tense and it's hard to exert any energy....
    interesting...i experience the opposite effect. i usually workout in the a.m. fasted (except for BP coffee about an hour before)--generally CF or bikram, sometimes other stuff (e.g., walking/running). feels like a huge energy boost and performance enhancer without the weighted down, sluggish feeling i get if i workout in a non-fasted state.

primalpanda is offline Member
    Drinking my first BC right now, and it is tasty. I started with just butter, I don't have MCT oil and coconut oil can mess me up so I wanted to go slow. I blended two hearty tablespoons of butter into one mug of coffee. It worked brilliantly. Though between grinding the beans, using an Aeropress, and blending this fatty concoction it made such a mess, ha!

But it is definitely filling. I made breakfast just in case, ate the two strips of bacon (I mean come on) but only ate about one scrambled egg. And still have half the coffee. I'm definitely trying this tomorrow alone.

Sora is offline Member
    I've tried this coffee for the past few days, and I'm not quite sold on it. I brew about 6oz in my Aeropress with cinnamon and then chuck in about 3 TB of unsalted kerrygold and 1 tsp of coconut oil. I then add a few drops of stevia extract and since I don't have a hand blender I just use a wisk. It ends up tasting pretty decent, but I still feel hungry a couple hours later. I've also gained about 3 lbs since I've started drinking it, even though I've been using it as a breakfast replacement. What I usually eat for breakfast is leftovers, eggs, or Trader Joe's gluten free chicken sausage.

As a side note, I have noticed that I tolerate this coffee drink better - no stomach discomfort at all with the butter added.

kevingeary is offline Senior Member

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kevingeary View Post
    Anyone tried ghee instead of butter? Taste the same?
    No, it tastes like ghee =P But it is still delicious all the same.

dana_leigh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kevingeary View Post
    Anyone tried ghee instead of butter? Taste the same?
    i've only used ghee, not butter, because i started drinking it while on the whole30 (and i've generally stayed on a whole30 plan). but most of the time i don't even use ghee--just coconut milk and MCT oil (i find that combination works well for me in terms of sustained energy and satiety).

raptoryell is offline Senior Member
    Been drinking this since Sunday....most excellent!
    Primal (2013)
    Locavore (locally grown foods when possible)
    Training consists of Muay Thai, BJJ, weight training, and mountain biking

Would like to be in good shape by my 36th Birthday (07-07-2013)

knight2remember is offline Junior Member
    ok, I've got the idea that it continues the fast as opposed to technically stopping it, however I normally have a protein shake first thing and then again approx every four hours, if I have BPC as my morning drink when should I hit the protein shakes?

Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast