Page 38 of 52 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: BulletProof Coffee page 38

curlygirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahmasteller View Post
    The bulletproof coffee seems to help me get through a plateau as well Love it. Every morning. I haven't even been using the MCT oil in mine (haven't purchased any yet) but I have nutiva coconut oil and I usually take a tiny bit of that separately (just don't like the coconut flavor in my coffee) but for sure if you aren't used to eating a lot of fat or that much fat at one time, do build up slowly. If I had come along and put in 2 TB of butter and 2 TB of MCT oil in my coffee first off I can almost guarantee it wouldn't have been pretty. (speaking from experience, my first tub of coconut oil which I got last year, I immediately on the first day took WAYYYY too much...it was definitely a cleansing experience but not one I wish to repeat. So nothing wrong with starting out and building up gradually) Just a word of caution and one I wish I had read before I went hog wild LOL
    Ummm..yeah...good word!
    My blog: Paleo Musings
    Tweeting all things primal: Twitter
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

dana_leigh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneArchy View Post
    Does MCT oil taste worse than coconut oil? As if a lot of coconut oil didn't taste bad enough already?
    MCT oil doesn't have a taste, IMO. (but i also like coconut oil.)

AnneArchy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dana_leigh View Post
    MCT oil doesn't have a taste, IMO. (but i also like coconut oil.)
    There isn't even that oil slick tatse coconut oil sometimes has?

dana_leigh is offline Senior Member
    There isn't even that oil slick tatse coconut oil sometimes has?
    i do notice the oil--particularly because i don't mix/blend it all up in a magic bullet....but doesn't seem terribly noticeable to me.

Rattybag is offline Senior Member
    Can you cook with MCT oil? (Im not meaning frying but cooking in general).

Even though I have been low-carb for years and I don't fear eating fat there is still something about this concoction every morning that makes me think, "this can't be good for me...". It's like giving your body an oil slick every morning. If it can help kick up my weight loss though and make me not feel so darn tired all the time, I'll keep giving it a try.

Glockin Grok is offline Senior Member
    If it can help kick up my weight loss though and make me not feel so darn tired all the time, I'll keep giving it a try.
    Do... It is like a primal energy drink for sure....

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Decided I'm dropping the BP coffee for at least a month (and becoming more strict in what I eat) to see if I can get back on track. I've put on about 15lbs since December after having been plateaued for over a year ... I definitely wanted to go the opposite way!

Quote Originally Posted by Nivanthe View Post
    Decided I'm dropping the BP coffee for at least a month (and becoming more strict in what I eat) to see if I can get back on track. I've put on about 15lbs since December after having been plateaued for over a year ... I definitely wanted to go the opposite way!
    I gained about 10lbs in Dec-Jan too. I switched jobs starting Jan 3rd and started walking 1/2 hour or one hour (if I walk both ways ) to work. My new job is located by a lot more healthier places to eat too. How did I become more active, eat healthier and put on this amount of weight??

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    I switched jobs starting Jan 3rd and started walking 1/2 hour or one hour (if I walk both ways ) to work. My new job is located by a lot more healthier places to eat too. How did I become more active, eat healthier and put on this amount of weight??
    I envy the nearness to your job! I'd love to walk to work if it weren't about 40 miles away. Some of it could be muscle in your case, as everyone says, what matters more is how your clothes fit, measurements, etc. I can't fit into the pair of jeans that I could in Dec, which prompted me to jump on the scale -- and comparing my progress pics (and measurements) from this morning to then, definite decline!

Page 38 of 52 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast