Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: BulletProof Coffee page 36

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy1 View Post
    Tastewise, this stuff is great, but I am having serious issues with the actual blending process.

I first tried my big blender and it leaked out everywhere.

Then I tried my single serve blender and the top blew off when I started blending. Read up on it, did the thing where you run hot water in the container first, put a towel over the top and hold it down. It still blew off.

What the heck??

What kind of blender should I be using here? And is there some other method I don't know about??
    I use a manual whisk, rotated quickly between my palms, and it works perfectly. No need for fancy gadgets.
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Buoy1 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the tips!!!

oxide is online now Senior Member
    Could somebody please ban the spambot?
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    Could somebody please ban the spambot?
    Agreed. That last "comment" was one of mine from last December. Bot for sure. Please ban!
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

oxide is online now Senior Member
    I have an n=1 example of whether bp coffee is a fat-gainer calorie bomb:

I'm currently on Leptin reset, and I have about three more weeks of it. Compared to my old SAD days, on leptin reset I've doubled my fat, doubled my protein, cut dairy and sugar to near zero, and added in about 300 calories more per day. As part of reset, I've been downing a bp cocoa* every single day, which is a 300 calorie bomb, 250 of it pure fat. I figured that I would gain a bit of weight, and then have to lose it later. There's a bit of up-down with the water weight, but as of yesterday I've lost 2.5 pounds since Jan 15, and 6.5 pounds since I went Primal last on Halloween. These are supposed to be tough pounds, given my stats (see sig). This is only with moderate ~2 mile/day walking. I don't think the bp coffee/cocoa is a weight gainer.

* 12 oz water + 2 tablespoon ghee + 1 teaspoon coconut oil + 1 tablespoon cocoa + stevia + cinnamon.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Drinking bulletproof yerba mate, blended with coconut milk and coconut oil. Also added cinnamon.

On my second mug this morning!

Stomach is making all sorts of noises; hoping it's candida die-off. Die, you fucker, die!
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Ferti is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    Die, you fucker, die!
    Love that!

recursion is offline Junior Member
    I just bought a bag of his coffee but maybe there is something more local to me (NYC) or maybe something I can find at Whole Foods or other coffee shops that is more accessible that I don't have to get shipped.
    Hey, Anne. I'm in NYC and I'm using Miravalle from Gimmie Coffee.

Gimme! Coffee - Buy El Salvador Miralvalle

sn75 is offline Junior Member
    For folks in Northern CA (or anywhere if you choose to order online), Old Soul Coffee Company has a few wet processed coffees they sell (Guatemala and a few others). Good stuff. Their beans are sold at Whole Foods (at least in Sacramento/Roseville, CA) as well.

raptoryell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmb View Post
    Hey raptor, I eat 2-3 eggs and some bacon with my bpc occasionally and have had good weight loss results. For the rest of the day I eat a light lunch later in the afternoon and then a meat and veggie dinner. I started at 230 on 1 January with about 21% bf and am now 210 for reference. Every now and then I drink bpc as a meal replacement but most of the time I eat a small meal, too.
    Thanks Jmb!
    Primal (2013)
    Locavore (locally grown foods when possible)
    Training consists of Muay Thai, BJJ, weight training, and mountain biking

Would like to be in good shape by my 36th Birthday (07-07-2013)

Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast