Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: BulletProof Coffee page 3

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wow - I made this today using toasted ghee. I can't understand why it works so well, but it is delicious. I just thought it would be buttery coffee, but somehow putting in the blender made it frothy and creamy. I've really been missing having a little cream in my occasional coffee, but this was such a great replacement!

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    Is there a tea version of this? Or an herbal tea version? Even a small amount of coffee gives me heartburn.

I like to have more nutrition at breakfast. Maybe this would be a good afternoon tea, so that I don't snack so much at night.
    I believe it's based on Tibetan yak butter tea, so yeah. A bit of the process is described in the article I linked. I'm sure you could adapt it to modern kitchen equipment.

ETA: I was just going through that article again and it said that often a blender is used now. So strong tea + butter in a blender. Sounds awesome.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I want to try this because it just sounds so unusual. I bought some unsalted butter but it is cultured butter. Did I make a mistake? Will it come out horrible?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I want to try this because it just sounds so unusual. I bought some unsalted butter but it is cultured butter. Did I make a mistake? Will it come out horrible?
    Try it and report back if you haven't died.

Alainneire is offline Senior Member
    I use it in green tea every morning - that is actually all i have for breakfast. I use one tablespoon of butter and one of coconut oil in a blender 3/4 full with hot tea.... HULLO? - SAVAGE!

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    Just tried this. Wow!

Definetly an occaisonal pick-me-up when I know there's a grueling day ahead.

Trishie is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    For those who came into this thread wanting to know what bulletproof coffee was (cause seriously that's an awesome word combination) and then getting sad faced like me when the original poster did not put anything about in the post, here you go: Recipe: How to Make Your Coffee Bulletproof...And Your Morning Too | The Bulletproof Executive
    Thank you!

Paleobird Guest
    That was an interesting read. I don't think that MCT oil would really be worth shelling out for however. It's not a magic potion. It's basically coconut oil and enough glycerine to keep it liquid. That's not a problem if you are putting it in a hot cup of whatever. Regular coconut oil would work just fine.

It's funny. I used to have cravings for coconut oil when I first started primal but since I have started eating raw butter, it just doesn't appeal much.

Yeah, I am not a big fan of coconut oil, either. I'm not an enemy of it, just don't see what all the fuss is about. I intend to make the coffee without any coconut oil.

Okay, I tried it. I have an espresso maker so I make half-and-half decaf and regular french roast espresso but fill up the water as far as it can go so it's more like really strong coffee. Used 2T butter and a little coconut oil, put it in the blender. It really just tastes the same as coffee with cream. It's very good.

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast