Page 28 of 52 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: BulletProof Coffee page 28

Croak is offline Senior Member
    Wouldn't have killed you. I drank salted coffee for years in the Marines, took me awhile to get used to coffee without it. Then again, I still prefer instant or percolator or drip over expresso-style coffees. Product of my times.

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Croak View Post
    Wouldn't have killed you. I drank salted coffee for years in the Marines, took me awhile to get used to coffee without it. Then again, I still prefer instant or percolator or drip over expresso-style coffees. Product of my times.
    was mostly worried for my taste buds lol usually I enjoy my coffee super milky and really sweet.

oxide is offline Senior Member
    New observation: when I make bp hot cocoa with mutant cow butter, it's pretty easy to wash the mug. When I use grass-fed butter, the mug is totally caked with fat and VERY difficult to get clean. It doesn't matter if I clarify the grass-fed butter or not. Amazing.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

maillade is offline Junior Member
    I would really like to give this a try but with tea. If I do 60 minutes of treadmill and rowing in the morning first thing when I get up do I want to do the BP tea before or after the workout? (do keep my heart rate at 75% or below )

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    Gave BPC a decent try this AM - lots of butter, tablespoon of Coconut oil, blender - Not for me.
    I normally use raw heavy cream and make my cups of coffee 40% cream / 60% coffee.
    I like it that way MUCH better, and I figure I get close to 1000 calories in me with 3 cups of Joe.
    Last edited by slowcooker; 02-03-2012 at 01:32 PM.

mmapags is offline Member
    I buy green beans, roast, grind and brew my own. Try a kona style pot vacumn brewer. It gives the intense flavor of French Press without the sediment that raises LDL. There is one by Yama that I use that sells in the internet for between $35 and $50 depending on the size. There is a 5 cup and an 8 cup. I use the 8 cup and you can get 10 out of it if you need to when you have company.

tim_1522 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    Up until a year ago.

I think CICO has its place. I think the numbers we are told to keep by need adjustment based on what you're eating. If I eat 1600 primal calories, I can guarantee that I'll either lose weight or maintain. If I eat 1600 CW calories, I am gaining weight.
    While my particular numbers vary, I've completely BEEN THERE DONE THAT!!

More importantly, if I stay Primal and eat as much as I want/until full w/o tracking calories, I'm either maintaining or losing whereas when I would follow CW and eat as much as I want/until full w/o tracking calories...I'm so GAINING -- BAD!!!
    So back to the thread: I tend to IF on the weekends while my husband sleeps in, but I still want my coffee and some calories to blunt the hunger, hence my interest in this thread. I don't personally find liquid calories as satiating as an actual meal, but I'm so damned intrigued by butter coffee I can't help but want to try it.
    I've been reading a lot of threads and I'm also curious about the fuss. I haven't tried "actual factual" BPC, but I did try this:

Blend hot coffee with coconut butter (ratio 12 oz brewed coffee to 2 Tbsp CB) and drink! The Coconut Butter I use is this one: http://www.amazon.com/Artisana-Organ.../dp/B000WV153I which I bought from Whole Foods, claims to be completely organic, raw, vegan, blah, blah, blah...but most importantly the ingredient list contains one item -- Coconut.

Anyways, this "fake" BPC tastes really good to me (and I'm a reformed cream/sugar coffee drinker, so it's tough to please me) and I've also noticed it tends to be a great appetite suppressant. If I have it in the morning, I find myself going a long time before feeling hungry again. I imagine that the "real" BPC provides a similar, if not better, effect.

souldanzer is offline Senior Member
    Just FYI, this works deliciously with bone stocks as well - I'm drinking a bulletproof duck broth with coconut oil, a bit of ginger, turmeric and salt right now. A little bit of lemon is good, too.

Rycore is offline Junior Member
    To: dboxing

Can you watch this video: The Bitter Truth: Sugar: The Bitter Truth - YouTube
    and then tell me how the video contents compares to your beliefs on calories, etc.? I am not trying to be a smart ass just wanting to see what you think after watching the whole video. I am genuinely interested.

gempdx44 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am bored to death with meat/egg and protein shake breakfasts, but they are the only things that hold me.

Had blueberries and kiwi with greek yogurt instead this morning ... big mistake! Was starving and ready to chew my arm off by 10:15am.

I'm gonna stop at Whole Foods and get some grass-fed butter and coconut oil and give this BPC a shot for breakfast tomorrow and see how the equivalent # of calories from that breakfast will hold me vs. my usuals. I would love to be able to add something else in for variety.

I'll report back with impressions later!

Page 28 of 52 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast