Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: BulletProof Coffee page 12

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    How does a french press do that?

nans is offline Member
    Anyone run into the oil/grease layer on the top of the coffee if you don't drink it fast enough? If so, how do you fix this? I don't like to guzzle it down...I like to enjoy my coffee. I found this morning that I must have taken too long to enjoy it because I had grease/oil/fat bubbles. I only use unsalted butter.

Thanks!
    Nan

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    How does a french press do that?
    here's a layman's explanation: coffeegeek.com/files/371/Cholesterol.doc

the harvard version(Q#9):
    Ask the Expert: Coffee and Health - Your Nutrition Questions Answered - The Nutrition Source - Harvard School of Public Health
    The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
    What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
    SW 190lb
    Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"
    Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

Snauzoo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nans View Post
    Anyone run into the oil/grease layer on the top of the coffee if you don't drink it fast enough? If so, how do you fix this? I don't like to guzzle it down...I like to enjoy my coffee. I found this morning that I must have taken too long to enjoy it because I had grease/oil/fat bubbles. I only use unsalted butter.

Thanks!
    Nan
    Hi Nan,

I used a Cuisinart stick blender and the beaker that came with it. Used 1 smallish egg, 2 T measured c.o., and one full can TJs co moo. TJs is the watered down version. The egg was the only one I had, and the co moo the only kind I had. I approached it like making mayo, put the egg in the bottom, beating till lemony, then drizzled in the melted but cooled c.o. It made a nice emulsion. Then I added the co moo slowly until it was all blended. Everything was at room temp which in my kitchen was about 75 degrees F. Poured it into an old nutiva co jar. It never got thick. Never separated. Kept in fridge, does not separate or thicken, pours just like that that crappy nonfat half and half I used to buy before I got smart about fat and sugar. Oil slick about same as HWC. My latest bag of beans is Peets Sumatra blue something or other. I do not like this stuff in a really dark roast, but my Sumatra has a cinnamon undertone, so it was not too bad. I have never cared for flavored coffees or vanilla or any sweetener in coffee. I kinda like it like I like my cabs and malbecs. I.e. something that makes you sit up and take notice. I resent the coconut intrusion, but I am doing what I can to avoid dairy for whole30.

-- Liane

deepglades is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RobOK View Post
    Are you using MCT as well, or just butter?

I did my first two BPC yesterday and today with mostly good results. The MCT upset my stomach a little yesterday and so I cut back today. Today I put it in a metal "to go" mug and the flavor seemed a little off compared to yesterday. Yesterday was good. My body is not totally accustomed to it yet, but it definitely fills me up! I don't think I can do this every day but some days, yes!

Rob.
    No MCT for us. For two decent sized mugs we've been using two tablespoons of butter and probably 2 tablespoons of Coconut oil. I dont really measure the oil. Its 5:30 in the morning. Dump it all in the ninja with the whipping blade and its a frothy creamy cup of OMG.

Great job mentioning the metal cup. I cant stand to drink this out of a metal cup "to go" cup. We had to buy some nice ceramic to go cups. Finding one with a good sturdy lid was pretty hard, but it tastes 100% better in ceramic compared to metal.

Croak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maile1 View Post
    Croak, it's available in Point Roberts at International Marketplace, unsalted only and about $4-5
    And I'm downtown with nothing but a motorcycle, and it's January. Not going to happen. And a 3 hour trip for magic butter is just silly anyway.

Like I said, instant is fine, unsalted mutant cow butter is fine, for me.

mojo is offline Junior Member
    i have been using the aeropress coffee maker AeroPress® | AEROBIE® High Performance Sport Toys for a modified version bp caffe in the morning. the outcome rivals my $500 la pavoni espresso machine that needs repair. it's so fast and easy to use and makes coffee full of all the essential oils and flavor with no bitterness and less caffeine due to the minimal contact time with the water. plus it is done with true extraction under pressure. i use kerrygold gf butter made into ghee for just clean fat and nutty taste, i add a tbsp of virgin coconut oil and a few oz of raw whole milk from a farmer friend. pull my shot, pour the heated milk, ghee and c oil in a mug and froth it with my areolatte handhead frother. the results in a word are utterly superb. this recipe sustains my energy without the jitters or crashes. my wife makes bp chai at work and it keeps her very energetic and alert thru lunch. kudos to dave asprey!

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Well, I'm trying the Training Wheels Version today:

7g Unsalted Mutant Cow Butter (thanks croak)
    7g Coconut Oil
    10g Heavy Cream
    70g 2% Milk (get off me, I need it to be a certain COLOR for now!)

Anyway, so far so good - taking it easy with my first one cuz I have to work
    in my son's classroom today and I really don't want to have to rush to the
    bathroom the entire time with "The Works" from all the fat that my body
    is SO not used to.

I'll slowly be weaning myself off the milk and cream by next week.

Nan, I don't whip mine up in a blender or anything because I get up too early
    and don't want to wake up my kids, so I just bring a little spoon with my
    concoction and stir it a little before each sip to get the oil slick mixed in.

If it cools too much and I have a blob on top, I just put it in the microwave
    for a little bit and then stir again.

Anyway, back to my "fasting" (if you can call it that, drinking 200 cals of
    FAT in the morning) regimen of 7pm to 3pm...... we'll see if this makes
    it any easier, or makes me starving.

Yeah! Experiments!

Julie

rebelpapa is offline Junior Member
    This sounds delicious. I would love a better guide to getting decent coffee beans. Or at least some decent beans I can easily order.

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelpapa View Post
    This sounds delicious. I would love a better guide to getting decent coffee beans. Or at least some decent beans I can easily order.
    Recommendations for something on Amazon would be great!

Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast