Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: BulletProof Coffee page 11

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hello Dave...

I am trying to locate a local place to buy good coffee. How does this look? What is the difference between washed and fully washed? Also, one of them is organic fair-trade and the others aren't... does that matter?

Tony's Coffees & Teas | Single Origin Coffees

Thanks! LOVE bulletproof coffee!

tobias is offline Member
    how do you recommend blending everything together without it exploding? i dont have a stick blender, just a magic bullet. thanks, looking forward to trying this!

RobOK is offline Junior Member
    Tobias, you can just run hot water into it to warm it up. I suspect that is only a problem for glass, but it can't hurt to preheat.

I had my first today and did feel pretty good and had a good workout.

Croak is offline Senior Member
    Me, I make it with instant coffee, off-the-shelf unsalted butter from the udders of un-sanctified bovines, and my one concession to ingredient pretentiousness, real organic virgin coconut oil.

After 30+ years of coffee drinking, I have yet to find a brewed cup that I liked better than Nescafe instant, so I don't want to hear the sputtering indignation of the coffee "purists". And before all you cashfed animal types explode, Kerrygold is an un-viable option for me since I'm not in the US.

deepglades is offline Senior Member
    For the cost concerns, you certainly dont need to use 1/3 of a stick of butter for every cup. My wife and I have been daily BPC drinkers for almost a month now, and 1tbsp per mug is plenty for us.

RobOK is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deepglades View Post
    For the cost concerns, you certainly dont need to use 1/3 of a stick of butter for every cup. My wife and I have been daily BPC drinkers for almost a month now, and 1tbsp per mug is plenty for us.
    Are you using MCT as well, or just butter?

I did my first two BPC yesterday and today with mostly good results. The MCT upset my stomach a little yesterday and so I cut back today. Today I put it in a metal "to go" mug and the flavor seemed a little off compared to yesterday. Yesterday was good. My body is not totally accustomed to it yet, but it definitely fills me up! I don't think I can do this every day but some days, yes!

Rob.

oxide is offline Senior Member
    I've read that a lot of people have trouble digesting MCT oil or coconut oil.
    Yesterday, I made a double batch of Bulletproof Cocoa with clarified butter (ghee), a little coconut oil, and a little stevia, and it didn't taste much different from regular butter. I can't taste the coconut at all. Today I'm trying the leftovers.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Snauzoo is offline Senior Member
    Dave,
    Thanks for the great info. Right now I am using the coconut oil, coconut milk and egg concoction. Hating it. Missing my cream. Oxide pointed me to this topic, thanks Ox. I get heartburn from coconut the coconut milk concoction, but not from heavy cream or plain black. Go figure.

So, what about this filtration thing? My LDL is inexplicitly high. We have a Tassimo brewer at work. No filter, just a high pressure plus fine grind. The coffees are not the best quality. I see that the Keurig brewer has way better quality. The reason we do not have a coffee maker is that the only water source is an Alhambra bottle, no sink except down the hall, and the brewer we have is totally mess and clean up free. We have been asked by our landlord to not wash dishes in the bathroom shared by many building tenants. If I can influence the purchase of a Keurig, to get better quality, I will. And what about my espresso maker at home? Again no filter. Can you comment please?

maile1 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Croak View Post
    Me, I make it with instant coffee, off-the-shelf unsalted butter from the udders of un-sanctified bovines, and my one concession to ingredient pretentiousness, real organic virgin coconut oil.

After 30+ years of coffee drinking, I have yet to find a brewed cup that I liked better than Nescafe instant, so I don't want to hear the sputtering indignation of the coffee "purists". And before all you cashfed animal types explode, Kerrygold is an un-viable option for me since I'm not in the US.
    Croak, it's available in Point Roberts at International Marketplace, unsalted only and about $4-5

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    I've been drinking something similar for about 1yr now - using the Coconut Crack Creamer (coconut milk, CO, and egg) and Loving it! I recently switched from regular to decaf - to address adreanal fatigue and cortisol issues. I'm hoping I can go back to leaded shortly!

I also learned that my french press (which I've been using for the past 2yrs) is most likely contributing to my HIGH LDL#s! yikes...this prompted me to run out and buy a drip machine in which I can use filters, and program it so I'll have fresh coffee when I wake up in the am...
    The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
    What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
    SW 190lb
    Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"
    Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast