Thread: Do I need to change? page

saltydogs Guest

Shop Now

I came across your site while doing research for dietary menu development, and have found the reading fascinating. My question is: Is our genetic makeup mostly responsible for our health, no matter what we do? Are you just simply selling a book?

I am 46 years old, 6' tall and have weighed 170-175 pounds since I was 18. My body looks the same, I wear the same size clothes, just my hair is gone! My "diet" consists of coffee, coffee, and more coffee. Who has time to eat? I taste many different items during the workday, and eat mostly carbs after 11pm. I don't get out in the sun much. I am active all day though, full of energy (caffeine?)always on my feet, moving around, lifting things.

I am thinking I will always be like this as long as I am active.

lesliek is offline Member

Genetics definitely play a huge role in health. And I think the way you feel on a day-to-day basis is a good indicator of how well your body deals with the fuel it's given. You may want to rethink your diet if you get sick with colds or the flu from time to time and want to boost your immunity, or if you worry about chronic conditions that can sneak up on you later in life like heart disease and cancer.

PB isn't about trying to attain some specific, ideal level of health and fitness. It's about feeling the best you can with what you've been given genetically. I didn't realize how bad I felt until I started the PB and suddenly started feeling much better. If you decide to try it out, there are lots of friendly folks on this forum to help answer your questions!