Thread: every other day diet? page

worthc is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

This is was a link to an ad on accuweather.com. Not sure what to think....

http://www.everyotherdaydiet.com/video.php

Pikaia is offline Junior Member

Sounds like he's put a brand name on alternate day fasting, which is a form of intermittent fasting. Don't buy his book. I can tell you how to do it. Eat normally one day. The next day, eat only 450 calories (or approximately 25% of your normal caloric intake), at lunch time only. Eat normally the next day, eat only lunch the next day, and so on. You could probably choose dinner as your one meal of the day with similar results.

Krista Varady's research group has been studying alternate day fasting for a few years now. Their most recent paper came out in November. Participants lost 10-30 pounds over the course of the study, which surprised the researchers, who had only expected them to lose about 5 pounds.

http://ihealthbulletin.com/blog/2009/11/12/alternate-day-fasting-diet-plan-weight-loss/

http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/abstract/90/5/1138

emmie is offline Senior Member

I have been doing Dr.Johnson's Alternate Day Diet (JUDDD) for a little more than a year (eating primally), and you can get all the information via his website--just Google JUDDD.

I went to it because I'm post-menopausal and hypothyroid and need to keep my calories low in order to lose. I eat 350-400 cal on M, W, Fri (for convenience, I don't do true alternation), and 1400 cal on Tues, Thurs, Sat. I try to keep Sunday at 1000.

Many people only eat one meal on the low calorie days, but I usually eat 3x--about 100 cal each.

The mental and physical rewards of this way of eating probably exceed the weight loss, although I've lost 65 lbs so far.

Mamakin is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by emmie View Post
    I have been doing Dr.Johnson's Alternate Day Diet (JUDDD) for a little more than a year (eating primally), and you can get all the information via his website--just Google JUDDD.

I went to it because I'm post-menopausal and hypothyroid and need to keep my calories low in order to lose. I eat 350-400 cal on M, W, Fri (for convenience, I don't do true alternation), and 1400 cal on Tues, Thurs, Sat. I try to keep Sunday at 1000.

Many people only eat one meal on the low calorie days, but I usually eat 3x--about 100 cal each.

The mental and physical rewards of this way of eating probably exceed the weight loss, although I've lost 65 lbs so far.
    Emmie this is an old thread so I'm not sure you will see this, but if you do i am wondering if you're still doing Juddd and if so, your experiences.

Thank you! I did it a few years ago for a month and lost a bit that way but then fell off. And I'm now considering combining that with PB to speed up weight-loss. Thanks in advance for your words of wisdom!