Thread: I Like To Club (Animals) page

I Like To Club (Animals)

Primal Fuel
    No, I don't really like to club animals, just eat them (or in the case of dogs, love and smush them), so please don't call SPCA on me!

After discovering MDA more than a year and a half ago and lurking around here, I'm finally starting my own journal! I had been half-heartedly (60/40, anyone?) eating Primally and not doing much in the way of workouts until about 2 months ago when I went through my first breakup, and it was really bad. Since then, I've been trying to treat myself well and get myself healthier physically and psychologically! I think this journal will help me stay on track and be more social (need to get healthier in that sense too!).

Here are my 2-months-in stats:

Height (this will never change, ::sob:: ): 5' 1"
    Weight: 145 lbs. (started out at 160 lbs. 2 months ago)
    Jean size: 10 (Levi's--don't know if they vanity size)
    Waist: 29 inches
    Hips: 35.5
    WHR: 0.81 (boo!!!)

I just measured my waist with some Mardi Gras beads because I left my tape measure at work, so that might not be accurate. It comes out to 49 beads total! I cut the necklace down to that size so now whenever I'm another bead smaller I'll cut it off--good motivation (though again, not incredibly accurate). Still, my subconscious likes it. It has, however, just occurred to me that I can't measure my hips because I cut the Mardi Gras beads. ::sigh:: (Okay, I used my mouse cord instead--it comes up with the same waist measurement too, so take that accuracy!)

Here's what I ate today:

B: coconut oil + 1 egg + 1 bacon (Wright brand, oh yeah) + 1/2 zucchini squash (weird, I know)
    S: handful of peanut M&Ms (my boss's tempting candy stash) and ceylon tea
    L: coconut oil + swai + spaghetti squash casserole (onion, mushroom, basil, sour cream, parmesan)
    D: None, not hungry
    LNS (that's Late Night Snack): 2 squares of Ghirardelli Midnight Reverie 86% and a cup of Joy tea (apparently joy is now copyrighted by Starbucks)

I plan to IF until mid-afternoon, about 18 hours.

My workouts have been 2 or 3 times a week in my apartment. I just jump and squat and push up and other bodyweight activities. I also walk to and from work (1.5 miles each way). Tomorrow I'm going to join the Gold's Gym near my house and start lifting again; I had started Stronglifts almost two years ago but petered out. I'm really excited to feel motivated to lift again--anyone ever think it's like an RPG where you're leveling up and maxing out your skills? :ushes up glasses::

Well, that's where I am right now; I think I'll post pictures when I see more drastic changes. I hope to use this journal to stay accountable and keep my progress in written form...we'll see how that goes.
    Last edited by zoltankemeny; 12-02-2011 at 09:22 PM. Reason: The colon/parens combo after sob made a smiley face, not the effect I was going for
    "There is a cruelty in life which we must accept with stoicism as the inevitable." -Mizora

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i liked the title, and now that i've read it i like you

i'm going to stalk you now.

(i'm kidding! i'm kidding.)

as for leveling up, if you want to actually level up you can join fitocracy
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

D'ohhhh thanks, bloodorchid! As a long-time lurker, I might have stalked you a bit too, heehee. I've certainly seen how you courageously navigate the testosterone soup of the Manly Man thread (too scary for me)! I checked out Fitocracy, such an awesome concept but PLZ TO HAVE INVITE CODE?!

Anyway, this weekend was a quite a bit on the 20 side of the 80/20 spectrum! I've been locking it up during the weekdays and my first poor choice was staying up into the wee hours of Saturday morning, first commiserating with a friend who also recently went through a breakup and was treated somewhat similarly by the SOB. She talked about being on dating sites which inexplicably convinced me to fire up the ol' OkCupid profile (where I met my ex almost 4 years ago). Bad idea and I am now completely aware that I'm not anywhere near ready to date again.

Enough icky personal life details and onto a very naughty cheat weekend! I had some delicious salad and cream of mushroom soup with my sister at La Madeleine but then hung out with some friends and ate...dunh nuh nuh, pizza. And beer? Oh right, beer. New Belgium Snow Day, to be exact. I also stayed up late again and ate some potatoes and egg in a tortilla in the morning (that's called a breakfast taco, non-Texan furriners!).

I did do a lot of walking via window shopping on South Congress (a hip place to be except when it's cold and raining like today). Tonight was some sushi and miso soup that a friend made for me with a Sapporo, you just can't turn that down when a kind and generous soul offers it to you.

I don't feel too bad because I've been like 95/5 for the whole week. Time to lock it up again with Monday starting! I haven't signed up at Gold's yet due to my unexpectedly busy weekend (and the rain--I don't have a car so it would have been annoying to walk in it). Maybe tomorrow?
    "There is a cruelty in life which we must accept with stoicism as the inevitable." -Mizora

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    I love that your solution to no tape measure was Mardi Gras beads.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i know, right?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Thanks, Gay Panda. I'm thinking about marketing this idea and making millions off of it. Unfortunately it's a little more complicated than the ol' tape measure because I have to break out a ruler and measure the beads but I will make this work!

Bloodorchid, thanks for the Fitocracy invite! I logged today's workout which was a short-and-not-sweet, HIIT-ish workout. High jumps, squats, pushups, fast plank hands, lunges, squat jumps, and burpees. I've started doing these barefoot (!) but on my wood laminate living room floor () <---That's an upside-down exclamation point, guys. Fitocracy gave me 270 points for the workout and some bonus points for completing a couple "quests". Oh no, someone made working out like Fable, I'm hooked! Good thing working out isn't like Black Ops where you lose all your gains when you prestige!

/video game nerd

Today, I ate well. I didn't experience too much discomfort from this weekend's vigorous 20-percenting.

B - 1 hardboiled egg + 1001 Nights ceylon tea (yes I buy tea based on the name)
    L - 1 large piece of swai + 1 piece of bacon + coconut oil + heaping helping of spaghetti squash casserole
    S - 3 pieces of Dove dark chocolate "Promises"
    D - 1 large piece of tilapia + 1 piece of bacon + coconut oil + 1/2 yellow squash + onions (squash and onions is classic, people)
    d - cup of Joy tea, 1 square of Ghirardelli Midnight Reverie

I think I'm a little too addicted to the internet. I'm making an effort to get off in 20 minutes! Have a lovely night, primal pals!
    Last edited by zoltankemeny; 12-05-2011 at 07:42 PM. Reason: No gusta my HTML

Well I recently got done lugging 12.2 lbs of grocery 1 mile home! Yeah, I weighed it, what. Ups my total walking today to 5 miles which isn't too shabby. I threw the pork roast into the crockpot (it's my first time using a crockpot--whoa). I also got myself a couple steaks which I haven't eaten in forever. It's been mostly fish and bacon here so I've finally mixed it up with some beef and (less salty) pork. Today I nommed on a bit too much candy and had the least sugary granola bar I could find at work because I missed breakfast. It was SOOOO cold last night, like 25 degrees which feels like 100 feet below the Arctic Ocean (hey, I live in Austin).

I at least gave myself time to make some lunch:

coconut oil + swai + 1 bacon + THE LAST of the spaghetti squash (killed it!)

I was getting a little sick of spaghetti squash. I did buy some kale and I'm wondering what I'll do with it. Though I stupidly forgot to buy avocados, d'oh. I also spent too much time on the internet; this is what happens when it's too cold to go outside and have fun times. I'm trying to limit it, people! It's just so darn addictive and a great (read: horrible) substitute for real socialization. Also, while I'm a little bummed at not much going on in the scale department, I think measuring inches might be better since I'm not heavy lifting yet. My waist went down .25 inches! So take that, scale. I'm gonna bust you up anyway one of these days.

Okay, time to get my butt of the internet, cook some dinner and sleep lots!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    In that 12.2 lb grocery bag I lugged home in the aforementioned post was some kale--kaaaaale, yeah! I've been sauteing it in coconut oil for the last few days and it's been yummy. A little chewier than spinach and yet it also gets crispy, such a paradox. I've had a few treats at work over the past week but today was a bit overboard--I had a granola bar and a bag of pretzels, more sugar than I've eaten in the last week probably. Not so good for my poor, mostly grain-less stomach but I learned my lesson. I usually don't even hit 50g a day but today probably got closer to 100g.

Ah well--I see my body composition changing and I've tried a new strategy: not weighing or measuring except on each Friday. I'm also keeping track of how well I fit into some smaller pieces of clothing too! Sooner or later I'm going to start a (in)fertility chart to track my lady time but since I'm not going to be sexually active for a while I feel demotivated. Instead I will make a budget--close, right? I've also been having lots of fun with Fitocracy; yesterday I got the "Push the Earth" quest by doing certain bodyweight exercises (I did 'em Tabata style) and I also did a round of Tabata burpees (I could only do 5 per round--PATHETIC!). I love how the website I was reading about Tabata burpees said: You should manage 8-12 reps a round. PFFFFFFT.

Soon, when I'm a fitness badass I'll manage that. I also set some fitness goals but they are in the rough stages. I would really like to join a gym and start heavy lifting so much of those goals are dependent on that. I know for sure that I want to be able to do 100 pushups by March 24 and squat my body weight by April 15. I need to spend some more time sketching that out.