Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Help~what happened to my menstruation. page 2

  1. #11
    hxl2012's Avatar
    hxl2012 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Beijing, China
    Posts
    70
    thanks. It's not easy for me to find coconut oil in my country---may be very expensive. I may cook with lard instead of peanut oil.
    Nothing you can't do once you believe that you can.

    SW:120lb
    CW:116lb
    GW:110lb

  2. #12
    keevelish's Avatar
    keevelish is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    179
    Interestingly enough, my own cycle has been regular to within a few hours each month, 28 days exactly. I started eating primal about five or six months ago and each month my cycle has gotten longer and longer, with last month's being 36 days. And it's normally short, four days, but this month it lasted only three days.

  3. #13
    girlarchitect's Avatar
    girlarchitect is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    368
    A lot of women here have found the diet affects their periods. There are a rather large number of posts on this subject in the forum.
    If you know you aren't pregnant, then I think this is just your body adjusting to the dietary changes. It isn't realistic to expect your period to not be affected. Give it a couple months and see what happens.

    For me, my period has gotten dramatically lighter (yay). I'm only 6 months into the lifestyle and I expect it will take a bit longer for everything to settle down. Personally, if I could add another week to my cycle (and cut down on the number of cycles per year) I'd be extra excited.
    My primal journal that I don't update enough:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33293.html

  4. #14
    hxl2012's Avatar
    hxl2012 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Beijing, China
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by keevelish View Post
    Interestingly enough, my own cycle has been regular to within a few hours each month, 28 days exactly. I started eating primal about five or six months ago and each month my cycle has gotten longer and longer, with last month's being 36 days. And it's normally short, four days, but this month it lasted only three days.

    My cycle used to be 28 days exactly and last for about 5-6 days. I feel PMS now, but it still doesn't come.
    Nothing you can't do once you believe that you can.

    SW:120lb
    CW:116lb
    GW:110lb

  5. #15
    hxl2012's Avatar
    hxl2012 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Beijing, China
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by girlarchitect View Post
    A lot of women here have found the diet affects their periods. There are a rather large number of posts on this subject in the forum.
    If you know you aren't pregnant, then I think this is just your body adjusting to the dietary changes. It isn't realistic to expect your period to not be affected. Give it a couple months and see what happens.

    For me, my period has gotten dramatically lighter (yay). I'm only 6 months into the lifestyle and I expect it will take a bit longer for everything to settle down. Personally, if I could add another week to my cycle (and cut down on the number of cycles per year) I'd be extra excited.
    Thanks! I think it might be caused by my increasing intake of fat and reduction of carbs intake. I used to eat low fat and medium carbs, medium protein
    diet. I didn't have any problems with my cycle, but I couldn't stick to it. coz I couldn't stop sugar cravings.
    Nothing you can't do once you believe that you can.

    SW:120lb
    CW:116lb
    GW:110lb

  6. #16
    kcahenson's Avatar
    kcahenson is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    1
    Well, it's been about a year since anyone has been on this thread, but I'll go ahead and post.

    I've been primal for about 3 months. For my entire life my menstrual cycles have been regular- every 28 days. I'm 43, have four kids, and have had a tubal ligation. My periods over the past few years have gotten heavier and contained a lot of blood clots. This month however, I spotted a little every day, but never enough to even need a tampon. I'm now about 9 days late, still only have slight spotting, and am wondering if this is it? Is this my period? Pretty dramatic change if this is going to be my new normal. For those who may have experienced the same thing- any thoughts? I'll keep y'all posted

  7. #17
    namelesswonder's Avatar
    namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    12,377
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by kcahenson View Post
    Well, it's been about a year since anyone has been on this thread, but I'll go ahead and post.

    I've been primal for about 3 months. For my entire life my menstrual cycles have been regular- every 28 days. I'm 43, have four kids, and have had a tubal ligation. My periods over the past few years have gotten heavier and contained a lot of blood clots. This month however, I spotted a little every day, but never enough to even need a tampon. I'm now about 9 days late, still only have slight spotting, and am wondering if this is it? Is this my period? Pretty dramatic change if this is going to be my new normal. For those who may have experienced the same thing- any thoughts? I'll keep y'all posted
    Considering you have experienced change over the past few years and not simply since going primal, I think you would need to involve a doctor to get answers. Technically, spotting or a lack of "fresh" blood is not a menstrual period. Getting your hormones tested would probably be fairly telling at this point.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •