Thread: Headache Help page

lmoya83 is offline Senior Member

Headache Help

Shop Now
    Is it normal to get headache I just started primal this week i have not had any carbs at all lots of veggies meats, bacon eggs fruit ect....

dado Guest
    i imagine it is. we all react differently to radical changes. if it's not killing you, see how it goes and if it leaves you in a few days.

i should point out that primal is not a 'no-carb' diet.

lmoya83 is offline Senior Member
    I meant i have not had any bread ect... i am craving a peanut butter sandwich :

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Unfortunately it is very common to experience what is referred to as "carb-flu" when transitioning. It is very common. If you can hold out, it is frequently followed by a period where you feel fricking fantastic for a few weeks followed by settling in to a nice even energy. If you absolutely cannot function you could try eating some more primal carbohydrates - sweet potatoes, squash, etc to help.

Some things have been reported to help the transition:
    - drink more water
    -add a small amount of sea salt to your water,
    - take oral magnesium or applying magnesium oil to your skin
    - make home made chicken or beef stock by simmering bones, skin, celery, carrots, and onion for a few hours. Then strain and drink a cup of the warm broth a couple times a day. You can add meat and veggies if you want to make it a meal. Add plenty of sea salt to your broth. This really helped me. I still do it regularly.

Good luck and hang in there. It is tough for your body to learn that it now has to use fat as fuel instead of all sugar. Your body will make the shift and then you should feel great

Ultimate Loser is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Glad to find this post, I'm going through the exact same thing and just assumed it was a result of the shift in eating/drinks.