Thread: Not Really an IF but... page

kjake55 Guest

Primal Fuel

Word to the men...the end of this is mildly female in nature, read at your own risk...

Ok, truth is I've never partaken in any kind of IF. When I start to get too hungry it becomes all consuming to me mentally and until I eat I become somewhat "primal" but not in a good sense. Someone once told me it's because I'm hypo-glycemic (sp?) I don't believe that. I basically just think that when I get hungry I get hungry and need to eat with nothing more to it.

Having said that, yesterday I had my normal pre-workout routine of protein 90 min prior and a good quality workout drink 60 min prior. Had a super great workout with heavy weighta and when I got home I had a recovery drink. I wasn't the least bit hungry for most of the night and therefore didn't eat. About midway through Fringe I noticed I was getting a little hungry but said the heck with it as I was going to bed immediately after the show.

I went to bed at 10pm (normal) got up this morning at 5am (also normal) walked the dog and had my breakfast. I had 2 hard boiled eggs, 1/2 avacado and 1 3-oz chicken breast (still normal). Here'e the thing though it's 9:30ish and I'm am **STARVING** (NOT normal).

So if I count my post workout drink as a meal that means I had my last "meal" at 7:30 pm and my next at 5:30 am then I IF'd for 10 hours (I don't really think this counts as a real IF but anyway). So I'm wondering, am I extra hungry because I didn't eat for 10 hours prior to brakfast or for some other reason like (here's the female part) that Aunt Flow is due in town in a couple days or it's cold outside or maybe it's all in my head.

Thoughts?

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

How long have you been primal? How strict are you?

I ask because it sounds like you're still converting from being a sugar-burner to being a fat-burner. (The transition took me a good 3 months or so!)

Stay the course, be sure to eat enough, learn to listen to your body, and you'll find that you're able to go longer and longer between meals.

I have noticed in the past that Aunt Flo can sometimes make me hungrier than usual. An extra serving of protein (particulary beef, maybe because of the iron?) is generally sufficient to cure that little problem.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

kjake55 Guest

Hi Barbey!

Thanks for the input. I've been primal since June'09 and I'm pretty true to it. I do take a foray into 20% land once in a while but not much. Usually when I "cheat" it's with fruit or nuts and once in a while with some coconut bliss ice cream or G&B 85% Dark Chocoltae but as I said not in a while now. Maybe a couple of weeks or so since my last indulgence although some of the veggies I eat are carby like carrots and parsnips. Maybe I should cut back on them for a while. I'll load up on protein for lunch today for sure. Forget the steak, today I'm hungry enough to eat the entire cow! :-)

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

LOL That poor heifer is a GONER! Bon appetit!

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

FairyRae2 Guest

PrimalCon New York

Right b/4 my period I tend to be a lot hungrier. I think it could totally be due to that...I don't think I've made the transition to fat burner as BarbeyGirl described though yet, so maybe this will diminish more for me once that happens?

I agree w/ adding in some red meat as well at that time of the month!