Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your weak link? page 2

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Shoulders- they always seem to burn much fasterbthan my other muscles. And I hate the T-plank. Horrid.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    shoulders, triceps and quads are my weakest muscles
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    My grip is holding me back- I do Convict Conditioning, and both abs and pullups require decent grip strength. I could hit both of those exercises harder if I could hang on to the bar a little longer.

It affects my squat, too, actually. I have the bowflex adjustable dumbbells, and I add extra weight in a bag on my back if I need it, but hanging on to those dumbbells can be an issue at the "heavier" weights I'm using for squats.

Also, my love for my wife's homemade pie. That doesn't help.

Junior is offline Member
    I do Convict Conditioning. My weak link is definitely hip flexors. Having a hard time getting past level one. My hip flexors are also very tight and I started stretching and that seems to have helped some. Seems I hit the lactic acid burn long before the muscles give out.

Any suggestions?
    www.healingcenterofmaine.com
    Detox the Body, Mind, and Spirit with Holistic Healing

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Back squats.
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    I do Convict Conditioning. My weak link is definitely hip flexors. Having a hard time getting past level one. My hip flexors are also very tight and I started stretching and that seems to have helped some. Seems I hit the lactic acid burn long before the muscles give out.

Any suggestions?
    I assume you are talking about the leg raise series.

Tight hip flexors- do you sit a lot? I would say that walking with a focus on feeling a stretch there might help. I find that functional movements give better flexibility gains than stretching alone. Even just standing more than you sit will probably help. Sitting at an obtuse angle (>90 degrees) will look like you are slouching but won't cause more hip problems. Make sure to keep your back straight when you recline.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Overhead press. I got to half body weight on it and no go further. I try hard, push, but end up leaning back, and always hurting my low back. Which sucks, because there is always Deadlift right after. I have no idea how to improve OHP. I had a horrible trouble with the bench, but then found the grip and the tightness, and stuff, and it improved a little. Overhead press goes down the moment anything is wrong at all. I hate it, but there is no alternative, but to shamefully take out 0.5 lbs from my ankle weights, and try another set to see which minuscule weight I can push over my head this week... Arhg.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    I love anything to do with upper body since I find the pain and difficulty really enjoyable for some odd reason. But I dislike the pain felt by doing squats. Maybe it has to do with my form....weak legs?

bryanccfshr is offline Senior Member
    My backwhen it occassionally getsinflamed. I can still go through a cycle of heavy squats formonths and feel likeI ami ndestructable and all of the sudden I can fallor almost fall and theinflamation cycle begins. I have been fighting it for well over a decade.
    Integrity is what we do when nobody's watching.

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
    Back squats.
    Also, OH press sucks...but it seems everyone has that problem.
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast