Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Constipation troubles page

Silly is offline Junior Member

Constipation troubles

Shop Now
    Today I've been eating primal for 19 days. I have less wrinkles (haha, I didn't have much to begin with), less cellulite, a little more energy and a slightly slimmer form now. I also have a very irritating constipation. It started about 2-3 days into the paleo-ish eating and I still have it.

On a typical day I'll have an egg for breakfast with tea or black coffee and some sort of meat and salad for lunch and dinner. I live in a boarding school (?) during the week and then I go home during the weekends, but when I'm in school I don't do the cooking myself. Sometimes I'll put a little cream in my coffee to get a bit more fat (they only have margarine and no real butter to put on the food anyway). I try to stick to 3 meals a day, but sometimes I'll snack when I'm home. I eat fairly similarly at home, but the breakfast is sometimes liver (don't judge me now please). I've also eaten a lot of cheeses at home, mostly as a "meal replacement" when I'm lazy and don't feel like cooking. We only have access to pasteurized stuff here (I think it's illegal to sell unpasteurized milk products here in Finland).

Before, when I ate a lot of fruit I didn't have a problem with constipation, if I had it it passed in a day or two. I lived off sugary cereal with yogurt a while and that wasn't a problem ether (at least not constipation-wise). Could it be that I'm not getting enough fiber now? I'm a little confused since I've read something about people who don't eat a lot of veggies and no fruit. I also drink quite a lot, mainly teas to keep warm, but also a lot of water. My pee is very light in color of that's not TMI.

Could you help me out here?

PS: 19 year old girl, quite thin and with the exception of my cousin I don't think I've met anyone with as small a frame as mine.

js290 is offline Senior Member

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    I recommend eating more veggies, and fruit is not bad as long as you are not getting fat from it. Also, you might take a 250mg magnesium before you go to bed each night. It will not only help the constipation, but also might help you sleep better.

dado Guest
    this is what you do OP, you drink a big coffee and you smoke some cigarettes and see if that doesn't help.
    Last edited by dado; 12-02-2011 at 05:21 AM.

Chochobo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    this is what you do OP, you drink a big coffee and you smoke some cigarettes and see if that doesn't help.
    +1 :P

id agree with the magnesium before bed. vitamin c helps as well. if ur eating to many dark leafy greens that can cause constipation stuff like kale, romaine, etc. very fibrous veggies. ive noticed upping my water intake also helps, the whole drink when ur thirsty doesnt work for me.
    "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we often might win, by fearing to attempt." -- William Shakespeare

my weight loss story...
    started @400+pounds
    CW: 191lbs 15%BF
    PB: 158lbs 10%BF 33in waist
    UD2(6 weeks): 168lbs 9%BF 31in waist
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread39123.html

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Try bringing some extra virgin olive oil with you to school, and adding it to your salads, that might help. At home, a lovely roasted eggplant with olive or coconut oil or eggplant caviar generally would give you a smooth sailing for a few days; if you prefer fresh veggies, shredded daikon or other radish & carrots with olive oil is a great at relieving tension. If they have plain yogurt, that's great too. And, having a couple of apples here and there is not going make you non-primal; or chose fibre-rich raspberries, cloudberries, currants, cranberries, lingonberries, etc. The slightly spoiled bits of it in particular do wonders for constipation. Try not eating hard cheese, particularly for meal replacement and opt instead for plain quark or yogurt.

Hope that helps!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Yvonne PHX Guest
    +1 to the magnesium before bed and the olive oil on your salads. If you are small, 19, and constipated, I say, "Eat Fruit!"

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    I'm with Dado, coffee and cigs work very well or even better put a big chew/dip in! If that doesnt wokr, eat an entire can/jar of sauerkraut.

If that doesn't work, I suggest buying some stirrups and handles for your toilet and a leather belt to bite down on...
    Last edited by Fernaldo; 12-02-2011 at 12:55 PM.

johnbu1981 is offline Junior Member
    Get a probiotic supplement. That's keeps me very regular.

I also do a monthly colon cleanse, which consists of about 8 oxygen pills. You can take a "maintenance" dose of 2-3 pills which will give you 2-4 BM's a day. With the monthly cleanse, you will have 6+ BM's.

The stuff I use is called Oxy Powder, you can google it if interested.

Silly is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    I'm with Dado, coffee and cigs work very well or even better put a big chew/dip in! If that doesnt wokr, eat an entire can/jar of sauerkraut.

If that doesn't work, I suggest buying some stirrups and handles for your toilet and a leather belt to bite down on...
    Haha! I like that

Sorry for not answering earlier, I've been having troubles with finding a computer that works...
    The constipation actually went a way a couple of days ago. But if it returns I think I'll up my fruit intake. Or salad intake (because then I won't have to pay for it, hehe).

Thanks a lot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast