Thread: Hi I'm Robin page

medic4life is offline Junior Member

Wink Hi I'm Robin

Hi Everyone,
    I am a 36 y/o female, I have 2 girls 4 and 2. I weigh 220 lbs and just 5'4" tall. I have a huge belly and well just big up top everywhere. I have cut out bread, pasta and ice-cream and I don't bake any desserts any more. My co-worker and friend told me about this lifestyle. she has only lost about 10-15lbs but she is so close to her ideal wt I'm sure it's harder to come than for someone like myself. she absolutely loves this, she's happier than ever and losing wt every week. she walks on her treadmill sometimes for 30 minutes and that's it. I haven't lost one lb., I run after kids all days I'm not working, I clean my 2 story farmhouse and carry tons of clothes baskets up stairs and still nothing gone yet. I still use sugar in my coffee and I've tried stevia but just can't do it even after 2 weeks of trying every day. my fear with eating so much meat and fats is my husbands' blood work, I don't want to kill him. his cholesteral is so high ( or was) that they doubled his meds and added another which is so hard on his liver. they test his liver enzymes all the time to make sure they are ok. He's about 5'10" and 170lbs with cholesteral of 6.5 with meds. I'm 5'4" and 220lbs and cholesteral of 4.2. He has a family hx of this as well and I don't. so my concern is that I don't want to kill him by feeding him so much fat and meats. he's tired of chicken. but i need to commit so i can lose this wt, i already feel better and i'm not in it 100% so i can only imagine how i will feel when i take the plunge. i have to do this to have my life back again. i also have underactive thyroid which i only got after i had the children and low iron, meds for both.
    Do i guess i'm here just to say hi. my book is on the way and i can't wait to read it all.
    Robin

CMHFFEMT is offline Member
    Hi Robin, First off welcome and good luck on your journey. here are some thoughts after reading your introduction.

First Weight loss is different for everyone. Some people need longer to heal than others and some will actually gain weight before losing but it wont be fat it will be muslce and bone mass so don't freak out if the pounds dont just slide off like they do for some people.

Second thing is Fat doesn't cause heart disease carbohydrates do and fructose really does. Read and study and read and study until you believe this because it is a hard pill to swallow and is so different from conventional wisdom. here is an article to get you started Health Correlator: Triglycerides, VLDL, and industrial carbohydrate-rich foods This is important stuff. Just about everything out there on heart disease is messed up and feed through the eyes of big pharma which is out to get rich not get you healthy. If your husband is on a statin most people around here will tell him to ditch it. If he doesnt ditch it he needs to supplement with CoQ10. There are a myriad of other recomendations out there such as K2 that would probably be good also but do the research and prove it to yourself, dont just take my word for it.

Good luck and make the changes you will be glad you did and it will definetly change your life if not save it!

HillsideGina is offline Senior Member
    Hi Robin. You've come to the right place. I'm glad you bought The Primal Blueprint. The book will explain why you and your husband are overweight/unhealthy. It will give you the steps you need to follow to lose weight and get healthy.

Hang tight and when you get the book, read it and ask your husband to read it. In your mid-30s, you have plenty of time to turn yourselves around and be strong healthy people for yourselves and your children and grandchildren.
    Positively Radical Pigeonholes are for Pigeons!

crackedpot is offline Member
    Hi Robin, Welcome
    A story about my Dad - He has never been overweight - however when he was 50 he was told he had high cholesterol so he went on a strict diet giving up eggs, cheese & red meat. In his 60's he still had to have quadruple bypass surgery. In his 70's he had to have a pacemaker put in. When he was close to 80 his doctor told him he was borderline diabetic - so he has been keeping his carbs under 65g per day. For the first time in 30 years his bad cholesterol has gone down and his good has gone up - he even has a chamber in his heart that is starting to work again. I don't want to tell you to not listen to your doctor - but I think you need to do research and take charge of your wellbeing!! You and your family are worth it - too feel good & be happy!!

Wink blood work returned

Well I've been following primal at only 50% and feeding my family the same and my hubby had blood work done recently. His dr. called yesterday and said his blood work has never looked so good. She said to keep up whatever he's doing and maybe can reduce his meds for high cholesterol. wow, already having good results there. I feel better without the sugar and carbs but need to see some wt come off soon.
    Robin

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Can you tell us what you are eating? A sample menu.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    breakfast
    one or two eggs
    1/4 cup cheddar
    veggies (lots of them)
    coffe, 2 cream 2 sugar right now but I'm working on that

lunch,
    2 chicken thighs
    asparagus, or green beans, or some veggie
    coffee or water or both usually

supper
    steak or pork
    veggies, usually a mixed veggie
    potato for hubby, I don't like potatoes, never did
    side salad or soup (homemade veggie is my fav)

I don't eat fish as much as I would like, so I'm planning to get some for this week. I am a very picky eater and I think that's why I used to rely on bread and pasta so much b/c I'm limited as to what I like to eat. I don't eat salmon, or bacon, or brussel sprouts or lobster, mussels, or crab. I don't eat liver or chicken hearts or wild meats. If I get hungry between meals then I eat a boiled egg or veggies and guacamole. sometimes i have coconut pancakes for breakfast or egg salad on lettuce leaves for lunch but I am trying hard to stay away from sugar and bread and pasta. It's just a convenience thing. Today I was busy at lunch time and there were homemade cookies my daughter made and I ate 3 for lunch b/c nothing else was prepared, I was hungry and in a hurry.
    Tomorrow is a new day to do better.
    Robin