Thread: I'll take this moment in time to "lurk" a bit less. page

Hidey-Hole is offline Junior Member

I'll take this moment in time to "lurk" a bit less.

Primal Fuel
    Hi everybody!

I've been 'primal' for about 3 weeks. I wanted to drop in a note and let everybody here know how much I really appreciate the information and the research that they've put forth effort on. Thank you all, very much.

So far, I only have 1 question. I work a crazy schedule where I work 12 hours night shifts. During the weekends, I absolutely have to turn my schedule around for family reasons. Come Monday, it's back to night shift. I work 4 days a week. Does anybody else do this and how do you cope with your schedule change and the change in eating times?

TIA.

loligoss is offline Senior Member
    Hi, Thank God I don't do this anymore but I did for close to 3.5 years. Part of the time was 5 days a week...

On the days that you work at night. Breakfast (before you go to sleep should be light). When you wake up have your "Lunch" and mid shift have your supper. We had 1/3 an hour off mid shift to eat. I used to have soup a lot.

At the weekend eat like everyone else. It will also make it easier for you to make meals for the family.

I dont' know when you exercise. We had a gym at work which we could go to after our shift ended which was a great way to ensure I could sleep afterwards.

Hidey-Hole is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the reply. So far, that's the eating schedule that I'm sticking to. What do you do on the initial "swap day"? For me, the last shift ends in the morning and I'm up all day until about 9pm, unless of course I happen to pass out first. I don't like staying up that long, but some things have to be done. Did you continue that next day, breakfast light, lunch, dinner or did you move to a heavier breakfast in order to not eat heavy before you went to bed?

So far, time at the gym is scheduled for my off days where I can get some quality time in vs. losing more sleep that I normally do on a workday.