Thread: Christmas Crossfit Gear page

Christmaself is offline Junior Member

Christmas Crossfit Gear

Primal Fuel
    Hello everyone!

I am in search of Christmas gift advice for a fit dad of 55.

My father is first and foremost a cyclist, but during the off season a crossfit enthusiast. We have recently turned an at-home office, into a small gym but it currently it has very limited gear etc.

I know that he is interested in starting up plyometrics, box jumps, etc. at home and I am looking for advice on gear, vendors and more. I.E. Boxes for jumping - how high? Kettlebells - how heavy? Advice on any other crossfit gear that might fit a small space, and be practical and simple? Looking forward to all your helpful advice!

Thanks so much!

simplyryde is offline Member
    If he is able to hang something from the ceiling, I would suggest a suspension trainer, like a TRX. It is a versital piece of equipment that is great for core and total body work.

Chaloney is offline Member
    Again faster equipment has everything he could want. Rogue fitness as well. I'm sure if you google crossfit equipment you will have more links than you could look at before Christmas. You might also have better luck getting good answers on the crossfit discussion boards.

dado Guest
    get him a power rack

Marnee is offline Senior Member
    Check Rogue Fitness.

I got my plyo boxes cheap on Amazon.

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmaself View Post
    Hello everyone!

I am in search of Christmas gift advice for a fit dad of 55.

My father is first and foremost a cyclist, but during the off season a crossfit enthusiast. We have recently turned an at-home office, into a small gym but it currently it has very limited gear etc.

I know that he is interested in starting up plyometrics, box jumps, etc. at home and I am looking for advice on gear, vendors and more. I.E. Boxes for jumping - how high? Kettlebells - how heavy? Advice on any other crossfit gear that might fit a small space, and be practical and simple? Looking forward to all your helpful advice!

Thanks so much!
    Well lets see...
    You don't mention what he DOES have so I will just give you a list of what I would want if I was setting up for CrossFit at home, in order.

*Kettle bells in 1 pood = 36 lbs; 1.5 pood = 54 lbs; 2 pood = 72 lbs sizes
    *Pull up bar and resistance bands (since I can't do unassisted pull ups yet plus they are awesome for some stretching stuff too)
    *Olympic bar and rubber bumper plates
    *Plyo box 20" (24" is standard height for guys doing crossfit though) and maybe a 36" one as well. Because its fun! (really simple to make yourself out of plywood) (and part of the reason they are lower on the list is there are other things in the world I can jump up onto!)
    *Squat rack
    *Rowing machine
    *Wallballs

Yup. Thats how I would go about it.