Thread: Fermented coconut cream page

Misabi is offline Senior Member

Fermented coconut cream

Primal Fuel
    So I opened a 1 litre carton of coconut cream any number of weeks ago, used a cup of it and poured the rest into a glass airtight jar and put it in the fridge. Somehow it got pushed right to the back of the shelf and I only rediscovered it today

When I opened the jar it hissed like opening a bottle of coke and it continued to make a bubbling/fizzing sound.. So I'm guessing it's fermented, but it didn't smell bad and tasted ok... Any thoughts about how to / whether to use this?

Now bear in mind that this cream in particular was really thick, almost solid & it's still the same texture now.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    I sometimes leave it in the oven (pilot light keeps it about 80ish Fahrenheit, like a proofing oven) and it ferments quite readily. I kind of like the fizziness, although I haven't let it go for too long. More fermenting of things is always on the list of things to do but it never gets to the top.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I would drink it. In fact, I'm jealous.