Thread: Primal Hall Pass for 3 days page

PrimalClay is offline Senior Member

Primal Hall Pass for 3 days

Shop Now
    Hello All,
    I started out the holiday strong. I ran a 5k at 11:30pm on Wednesday night along with my normal workout that day. Then I fasted until Thanksgiving dinner at 3:00pm on Thursday. I started with a huge plate of salad and once that was down I was only able to eat one smallish plate of food which was probably 50% Primal. We then went on a nice walk afterwards.

Starting on Friday thru Sunday I pretty much fell of the bandwagon and ate whatever I wanted. I still walked, did push ups, etc.. but ate just about whatever I wanted (stuffing, pie, etc)

The result Monday morning is the scale was the same but I had heartburn both Saturday and Sunday night and I was gassy like a dying dog all weekend.

Today I am back strictly Primal and currently fasting until Dinner. Going to the gym at lunch time. Looking forward to feeling better and getting my gut back to normal.

I consider this a success because I ate everything I even halfway have missed for the past 10 months and as a result felt like crap. To me this strongly demonstrates that the Primal diet (and I mean diet as type of foods) really is how we were meant to eat.

Maybe I will just pretend it was a 72 hour carb refeed and move on from there :-)

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    Pretty much the same story for me... No weight gain for me either.

Pa-RN is offline Member
    I stayed mostly primal, had dessert on Thanksgiving ( a cream puff and a cookie) and didn't enjoy it at all.I was nauseated and gassy after it.My mother in law kept trying to push dinner rolls, candied yams and desserts at me..I stuck to my guns though..It was back to buisness as usual Friday.I learned alot this week..I learned I don't miss the sugar or the grains like I thought I did.I learned that the emotional ties to the food were not worth the GI upset and nausea afterwards.

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    Thanksgiving is one of those reasons Mark created his 80/20 rule.... I enjoyed the last three days, but am going to have to be more primal the next couple of weeks. For me, I don't want being Primal to be a punishment.