Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: xxHuggieBearxx gives up french fries page 2

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Congrats on your great success. I think people who just accept the primal way and roll with it the best they can are sometimes the most successful. I think your somewhat relaxed approach means you really can eat this way forever

I am about 1.5 years in to primal eating, and I maintain well below my original goal weight, just by happily eating delicious primal food whenever I am hungry. Hard to imagine giving that up!

Hope to see more updates from you. Good luck!!

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I always mix up the names of the rolls... I had maki, technically. It was tasty. I didn't use any soy sauce so unless there was some in the making of the maki I got, it was just a bit more carb heavy (from the rice) than usual. Better option than pizza anyway!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

xxHuggieBearxx is offline Junior Member
    Let me start by saying - I believe my life to be permanently changed, forever.

This is my end of January update. During these months I have lived well - i drink mucho wine, because i love it, i eat till fullness. I indulge in a small bit of dark chocolate most nights. I have had more cheat nights than i care to count, mostly all involving pizza.

I have indulged, and I have lived well.

On the other hand, I frequently skip breakfast now, or just have a boiled egg. Most days i eat only primal and mostly just meat. But, I am always satisfied and I do not feel like I am dieting. And I rarely feel unpleasantly full. But always satiated.

But with all that said, here is where I stand:

Weight: 182 Pounds
    Height: 5'11"
    BMI: 27.1
    Total Weight Loss: 25 pounds (took 1 year with painful effort)
    Primal Weigh Loss: 12 pounds (took 2 months with little effort)

I had targeted 180 as my goal for end of January, and I missed by a bit. But I indulged tremendously during january, and yet still made progress toward my goal.

My new goals are as follows:

By end of February, I hope to hit 178 pounds.

My ultimate weight loss goal is around 173....and I give myself to end of april to hit that. Once achieved, i will turn my entire focus toward physical fitness in combo with primal eating. I think my long term appropriate weight is probably 160-165, but I wont worry about it once i hit the mid-70s. I'll just try to be more active.

Cheers!

Weight: 179 Pounds
    BMI: 25
    Total Weight Loss: 28 pounds
    Primal Weigh Loss: 15 pounds

Well, I have continued to be "primal" over these last couple of months, but have put little focus on "weight loss." I have continued to eat filling portions, fatty meats, etc. I cheat about twice a week, and I drink more wine than i probably should.

But, nevertheless, yesterday I weight in at 179 which is a major milestone for me. First of all, tomorrow i turn 39, and I have not seen a 170s number on the scale since i was at least 29. I have been trying to lose weight for nearly a decade with nearly no success, and now i am doing it nearly effortlessly.

179 is important because it marks my reentry into the world of "normal weight", from a BMI perspective. I think my long term (very long term goal) is to average around 170. I have a feeling I may continue to lose a half pound per month or so until I hit my "should be" weight.

In any case, there is little chance that I will ever revert to a diet other than primal. When I do have a non-primal meal, the aftereffects are horrific. The feeling of being stuffed to the gills post-pizza is horrendous (although i do love pizza) and the feeling of getting hungry again WHILE YOUR STOMACH IS STILL FULL is just as bad.

Keep chuggin folks...more updates in a month or so!

Weight: 178 Pounds
    BMI: 24
    Total Weight Loss: 29 pounds
    Primal Weigh Loss: 16 pounds

Still going strong on primal after six months. I've now lost almost 30 pounds total and am firmly (well, by a hair actually) back in the "Normal Weight" BMI category.

I am losing about a pound per month at this point, which isn't bad since I don't at all feel like I'm dieting. I believe my target weight should be 165 pounds or so...so i've got 10 - 15 pounds to go. If it takes me a year to lose that weight at the rate of one pound per month, i'm ok with that.

An interesting side note -- i began running again recently and i am quite meticulous about tracking heart rate and running speed. I found that my performance was off by 10%+, a quite noticeable and very concerning elevation in my heart rate. And this is versus my previous 20-pound heavier self. I was expecting a 10% performance INCREASE but was seeing the opposite.

Initially, I was concerned that I was dying. But, it turns out that being so low-carb was dramatically impacting my performance in a negative way. I found that when I ate a "carb" meal the night before my performance was better than ever.

Really interesting, because I only run about 3 miles. Anyway, I am going to start drinking OJ before my run...not primal, but the effects on my running are too serious to ignore.

Cheers
    HB

Weight: 173 Pounds
    BMI: 23
    Total Weight Loss: 34 pounds
    Primal Weigh Loss: 21 pounds

So, its been a while. I've been going strong in the primal way of life for more than a year now, and it truly is a lifestyle and not something i consider a diet. During the last 6 months i've lost another 5 pounds or so, and i don't really consider myself to be "trying to lose weight." I eat heartily, i drink plenty of red wine, and i even have more ice cream than i should.

Nevertheless, I have gone from a person teetering on the edge of Obesity to one who is now normal weight and getting on the edge of "svelte". Two years ago I had tried a bunch of different diets, made almost no progress, and was worried that i was on an unstoppable path toward typical american fatness. Now, I unquestionably believe I will live this lifestyle for the rest of my life, and will keep a moderate body weight the rest of my life, all with giving it little sacrifice.

Two months from turning 40, and i think its quite feasible i will break back into the 160's, which is where i was in my mid-20s and is about my lowest adult bodyweight. But, i'm not pushing to hit that number on any timeframe...i'll either lose weight, or i won't. My current weight could clearly be lower but I am content at this level should my current lifestyle not foster further losses...I am not interested in actually dieting to push my weight down below the current level.

Cheers,
    HB

Angry Let's just title this response "I ABSOLUTELY SUCK"

Back in the spring I was killing it.....training for a half marathon and hitting low weights I hadn't seen since my 20's.

I began carbing up for my half marathon (which was totally unnecessary by the way), and pretty much kept carbing after the race was done. About 4 days after the race my wife had our 3rd baby, and I have been in sleep deprivation mode since then.

Sleep deprivation means:

- no motivation
    - no exercise
    - less time to prepare healthy meals (and more ordering in!)

The results have been devastating. I weighed in last Monday with the following stats:

Weight: 190 Pounds
    BMI: 26.5
    Total Weight Gain from Trough: 17 pounds

Back to within about 5 pounds of when I started primal in the first place. The most shocking thing was how quickly i gained 15 pounds, and I really haven't been eating THAT bad and still somewhat primal most of the time. I think going from 20+ miles run per week to zero may have been the bigger catalyst.

Anywhoo, last Monday I started a primal three week hard core challenge, and we shall start this whole thing over again. Having done this with ease before, I have a high level of confidence that I can be back into a healthy weight range by the end of the three week period (healthy = 179 or less).

Let this be a lesson to you people -- don't have babies.

HB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12