Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open

Thread: My beginners success....

Smile My beginners success....

Shop Now
    Hello All,
    My names Nick, I live in the UK and have just completed my second week of going primal. Firstly I love this site, so much information and inspiration - I'm on here every day looking for tips, recipes etc.

Anyway, I started at 379lb - yes a big guy that's for sure - I am eating one evening meal per day drinks loads of water, and as far as I know doing everything correctly.
    Well, the first week I lost 12pounds - which I knew would be mostly water weight etc but still a good feeling for me, just finished my second week and I am down another 6 pounds so am really thrilled - that's 18 pounds in two weeks.

Just as good are the added extras, like when I started I could only manage a 10 minute lunchtime walk - I can now walk for an hour - so even my dog is benefiting... Also noticing my clothes fitting better already.

I have taken my 'before' photos, keeping a record on Fitday and just generally looking forward to each week.

I am wondering what to do about xmas day - Should I continue the lifestyle or just join in with the Family for the day eating sausage rolls etc. I did have a glass or Red wine yesterday but feel stangely guilty about it this morning so may knock alcohol on the head completely.

In any case I am one motivated guy right now....

Hope you are all doing well too
    Best wishes
    Nick

You're off to a great start! Stay strong!

Enjoy Christmas with your family. If you want to have a sausage roll peel the pastry off and eat the meat in the middle. The folks might look at you funny but that's what I would do Eat the meat, the veg. Skip the stuffing and the Xmas cake.

If the family pressures you, you tell them you lost 20 lbs in 2 weeks then ask them what they've done lately!
    Last edited by belinda; 11-27-2011 at 06:42 AM.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

You're doing great! My suggestion about food on Christmas day is to just stick with primal. I eat around family and friends all the time, and they don't look at me differently because I don't eat bread or drink soda. Bring a bag/box of your favorite holiday fruit to share (clementines, grapefruits, pomegranates) and eat that instead.

A question for you: how do you keep yourself from eating during the day? I would be so hungry. I'm a horrible faster.

That's the thing about fasting... After a few hours of hunger you go beyond that and it's all gravy. You just have to learn that the blue sky lies beyond the short valley of pain.

Hi All

to Alg2435 - I started by grazing on a few nuts and berries during the day then having my main meal in the evening for 2 weeks, then I made the switch to fasting the whole day. I do get the occasional hunger pang but is is kind of 'in the background' not major at all.

Hope this helps,

Regards and best of luck,
    Nick

Great

Shop Now
    Nick ~ this is a great lifestyle, sustainable over the rest of your now-much-longer life. Still, I'm a bit envious of your "falling in love" phase -- such sweet joy and full of daily surprises.

Don't fret too much about Christmas. As Mark suggests, plan on 100% and be cool with 80% if it happens. If you end up eating the sausage rolls after planning not to, so be it. It's quite possible that your body will remind you -- painfully -- Why We Don't Eat Wheat.

Just don't panic, or let that beast-voice within tell you "now that you've blown it, might as well go all the way -- you'll never stick with this anyway." Or some other such ploy to get you back into the SAD death spiral. I've had one tumble off the wagon, followed by a horrid feeling of panic. And then I realized that "those days" are over, climbed back on board, and find I have more confidence than I did before eating that plate of huckleberry-loaded applesauce cake. Yep. Entire plate. Flatulence, painful inflammation in my feet and hands, and a stuffy nose lasted two days, along with a couple of pounds of water weight. (Don't eat poisonous things.) By day three I was back to feelin' fine.