Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Girl in White Tiger Field page 4

Byakko is offline Senior Member
    onalark: Okay I'll take what you said into consideration. I acknowledge that I'm partly lazy (and more so because I lack much energy and feel fatigued.) I guess I'm also suffering from a bit of mental fatigue from major information overload. I've been taking it a lot about primal/paleo so I either need to step back or try to chill while still trying to find a system that works.

(I hope to get a job as a paraprofessional/teacher's aid soon so that would be helpful. Ultimately not the job of choice but hella better than McD's or Walmart.)

I thank you for the encouragement despite my grousing.
    My ultimate goal is to try and do this for a month and see how it helps...(not exactly the best time of year to try this though.)

Will I never learn?
    Last night was spent feeling pretty nauseous, from consuming a lot of sugar I'm sure.
    I don't exactly want to eat the stuff. I don't know if I'm actually just having monster cravings or if I'm genuinely hungry for something else that I get. Seems like every morning I get up wanting cereal or juice, but we don't have milk in the house (despite still having cereal which my family tends to eat dry.) If we did I'd be all over that cereal. Still, we always seem to have cookies...and I pop those like an addict pops pills but I always regret even though I know they're bad. I don't eat them with pleasure..which sucks and makes them barely worth the 2-3 bites of pleasure.

I wish I had access to a Whole Foods, Trader Joe's or even a decent farmer's market. We have one in our small town behind the courthouse but there were only two people selling a small amount of vegetables and there was really no way to tell if it would have been any cheaper to get them there or at the chain grocery store.

And I'd like to know how one is able to stand so much meat. Seriously. I tend to get sick of it at times. I suppose varying the type of meat helps but still. Maybe it's supposed to make me feel like this. Is this satiety kicking in? I don't mind eating meat but when you're coming from having two out of three of your meals being grain based it's weird.
    Last edited by Byakko; 12-07-2011 at 10:28 AM.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    It doesn't have to be so much meat. I eat between 2 and 3lbs of mostly red meat a day with some chicken or pork thrown in just for the heck of it. You might want to try eating less meat but add in a lot more vegetables to help satiate. You can also add butter, olive oil or coconut oil when you eat to help satiate as well.
    It takes some time to transfer over (I have been eating more or less like this for the last 10 years, so I can't really say much) especially if you are used to eating all those grain based meals. Hang in there, it will get better.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

IcarianVX: You may have a point. I know that meat alone often isn't enough, despite that heavy feeling I usually get after eating it. I will also try adding fat. I use olive oil mostly right now but I bought some unsalted butter (I'm still not sure which kind is the "primal" standard. We have now KerryGold here.)

I'll just be glad when I can get rid of this nagging feeling to snack all the day long.

Had a decent dinner of salmon and spinach...but I really need to control cravings. They're kicking my butt.
    It's probably not good to just diagnose myself but I think I'm a binger. I eat food despite having had a decent filling meal and aside from the small moments when I initially eat another piece of food, I regret doing it and rarely enjoy it. I've even started cheating with foods I haven't had in ages. No, this has to get under control.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    Had a decent dinner of salmon and spinach...but I really need to control cravings. They're kicking my butt.
    It's probably not good to just diagnose myself but I think I'm a binger. I eat food despite having had a decent filling meal and aside from the small moments when I initially eat another piece of food, I regret doing it and rarely enjoy it. I've even started cheating with foods I haven't had in ages. No, this has to get under control.
    What do you do after you eat? I usually find myself willing to eat more (a lot more) if I don't keep both my mind and my hands busy. Reading or watching a movie never works for me.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

IcarianVX: I hate TV tbh. I try to read and sometimes it works.
    I'm not what you'd call an outdoorsy person, though I enjoy being outside and taking in nature.
    Most of my hobbies involved being indoors or at a desk.
    I draw mostly, but I like to take photos.

As for activities I'm into yoga and belly dancing (but yoga atm.)
    The most rigorous activity I don't mind doing is pilates.

Kind of derailed big time. It's like there's barely anything for me to eat now..once again.
    Probably more half starved than before.

Kind of derailed big time. It's like there's barely anything for me to eat now..once again.
    Probably more half starved than before.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Tomorrow is a new year.
    A new chance at everything awaits me.

Even if I can't be perfect, I'll do what I can.

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast