Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: The Girl in White Tiger Field page 30

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Grr, same struggles here. Nowhere to put things down, counter always dirty. Once a week I get really mad and clean ALL the things, then I cook once and it's all over, lol. It's my own fault, I just don't clean as I go. When I do, things are great. Having to deal with family mess is a whole different story...

I had an IBS flare-up this year, after three years of Paleo, so it's no cure-all. I think oranges were the trigger. I ate too many of them!

Thankfully, chicken livers take no work. Just heat the pan with your fat, and open the container and plop them right on on medium low for about ten minutes. Best to leave them a little raw in the middle.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Byakko is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Grr, same struggles here. Nowhere to put things down, counter always dirty. Once a week I get really mad and clean ALL the things, then I cook once and it's all over, lol. It's my own fault, I just don't clean as I go. When I do, things are great. Having to deal with family mess is a whole different story...

I had an IBS flare-up this year, after three years of Paleo, so it's no cure-all. I think oranges were the trigger. I ate too many of them!

Thankfully, chicken livers take no work. Just heat the pan with your fat, and open the container and plop them right on on medium low for about ten minutes. Best to leave them a little raw in the middle.
    I know Paleo isn't a cure all. (Been told enough times by doctors.) Besides, the oranges don't sound like a trigger. Just sounds like a lot of oranges. Depending on the size, I couldn't eat more than 1.

I honestly am not going to leave the livers raw in the middle. It's not my preference, taste-wise either. Because I have IBS, I don't want to take chances of getting food poisoning. I realize that cooking it through probably takes all the nutritious qualities out but the livers I used were CAFO and not nice and pasteurized. In fact most of the food I'm eating is whatever I can afford (so no organic or special stuff right now.)

Good news is I didn't cheat yesterday.
    F|26yr|5'3"
    1st Start: 8.25.12
    SW: 151 CW: 147 GW: -150
    HW: 195

Not digging the livers. I kind of like it but something about it still puts me off. I hate to say it but my livers end up smelling like dog food. I ate some for dinner tonight but I couldn't finish the last few bites (unless it had made me full.) I don't know if I'll try again but the main reason I got them was to find a cheaper protein.
    F|26yr|5'3"

JudyCr is offline Senior Member

F|26yr|5'3"

I inadvertently realized that I probably don't have much weight to lose.
    At this point I don't know how low I can weigh and maintain it in a healthy way.

As far as long term maintenance, I want to stay below my HS weight (151lbs.)
    If I were to pick a realistic goal weight, I'd say 145lbs perhaps.

People seem to think because of my height I need to be weighing even less than that but it's simply not going to happen. My body frame/bone structure will not allow it. At least I don't feel that way. I'd probably be borderline anorexic if I were to get down to 135. It would be nice to be around 139 I admit. But we'll see. Anyway it's nice to know that I probably don't have very far to go in terms of weight loss. I just need to work on toning up. I carry a lot of fat in my thighs but generally it's all spread out and you can't exactly tell that I've gained because it's all over.

I haven't been working out so this is just to kind of motivate me to do so. I plan on doing the Nerd Fitness Body Weight workout to start since it's not complicated. Thought about getting back into doing yoga in order to loosen me up but meh...
    F|26yr|5'3"

Tried making bone broth the other day, using the recipe from Practical Paleo.

I'm not too confident with how it turned out. It smelled pretty good while it was cooking but once I tasted it it was very weak and not like broth at all. More like beef water and the color wasn't nearly as golden when compared to the picture in the book.

I didn't let it sit for 24 hrs and instead just for 8hrs (which was an option in the book) I used..I guess knuckle bones.

Anyone have any pointers...? Did I do something wrong?
    F|26yr|5'3"

Well I haven't been here in quite a while...then again I don't see much point. But whatever. I need a place to rant, even if no one cares.

Ironically, at this time last year, I was paleo (or should I say grain-free, sugar-free?) Unfortunately I am not Paleo now. I haven't been all year. I believe going Paleo last year, due to lack of sufficient vitamins and calories as well as stress, caused me to lose my hair (it thinned.)

Yesterday was my second attempt making bone broth. This time I roasted them for around 45 min (I did not roast them the first time). This time instead of 8hrs I let it sit over night for 12 hrs. Still weak, still tastes like beef water, still not rich in flavor or color.

I'm not sure what I did wrong, I suspect I wasn't using enough bones and maybe I could put in vegetables for added kick. But anyway, I've been desperate to try it because my digestion is still compromised. Not surprisingly I'm not paleo right now. Trying to get there was too stressful and confusing and wasn't doable fund wise.

Feels like I can't eat anything now without pain.
    F|26yr|5'3"

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930