Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: The Girl in White Tiger Field page 26

Byakko is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    For the next few days I will be focusing on food prep, or rather learning ways to food prep that is. It's pretty important that I not have to keep guessing at what I'm going to make. And honestly cooking anything but breakfast in the day time is something that needs to stop. It does feel better to get those things done before dinner especially. And there's always the nice option of NOT cooking brekkie from scratch. Thank goodness for YouTube.

Also I hate food waste. I hate it when things just sit in the fridge and rot needlessly because I can't figure out what I'm going to do with it. It's not working, not likely to work. But I LOVE the idea of pre-made salads. (A little disappointed I couldn't come up with this myself sooner.) I'll just do like I did before, come up with 5-10 recipes (eventually maybe 31). I think it's important to find recipes that are really good. My mom has so many recipes but usually only ends up using a few or does simple things like tuna salad.
    F|26yr|5'3"
    1st Start: 8.25.12
    SW: 151 CW: 147 GW: -150
    HW: 195

While I am still struggling with meal planning, I'm staying paleo today and hopefully for the whole month. Since eating crap food again, I've gotten painful bumps around my jawline and chin. A sure sign that something is amiss and it is not normal for me. I've also experienced more pain (inflammation) in the joints and my plantar fasciitis is feeling worse.

Wish me luck but I'm pretty sure I can do this this time, even if I am not particularly prepared.
    F|26yr|5'3"

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Just plan for a few days at a time, maybe that won't be so overwhelming to you.
    Take inventory of what's available to you in the kitchen and add in a few foods that you'll have to buy.
    Jot down your menu for the day, recipes you'll use, exercise plans for the day, water you drink, emotions you feel, etc.
    This will really help give you the feeling that you're in control.
    Be strong, sweetie, you can do it. Let this month be the one where you turned the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    Just plan for a few days at a time, maybe that won't be so overwhelming to you.
    Take inventory of what's available to you in the kitchen and add in a few foods that you'll have to buy.
    Jot down your menu for the day, recipes you'll use, exercise plans for the day, water you drink, emotions you feel, etc.
    This will really help give you the feeling that you're in control.
    Be strong, sweetie, you can do it. Let this month be the one where you turned the corner.
    Thanks for the encouragement. I need it.
    F|26yr|5'3"

Mmkay.

For the last 3 days of this month I have tried to be Paleo but failed. Started good on the 1st and 2nd during the morning before losing the battle...and totally flunked yesterday. But I know that eating that crap isn't making me feel good. Bad skin, joint pains/inflammation, bloat.

I'M ADDICTED TO FLAVORED BEVERAGES.

Yes. If there was one sugary indulgence I COULD have, it would be a drink, which is pretty bad because it's drinking calories and probably reaches the system a lot quicker, therefore making me crash quicker. While I'm happy to have been off of soda for a few years now, Kool-Aid, juice and sparkling juice are still contenders that continue to kick my butt. I know people have suggested teas, but I simply can't seem to get into them. It's not the same as drinking juice or something more fruity It's very planty and grassy. And I can't bring myself to drink tea cold, so I'm not sure what to do except down water. But hopefully that feeling of wanting a sweet drink will pass and water will be all the more enjoyable.
    F|26yr|5'3"

I was paleo today.
    Not perfect or ideal (I ate more fruit than I should have).
    But I didn't eat or drink processed sugary grainy junk.
    First time this year I was able to be paleo and not stray all day.
    Last edited by Byakko; 02-12-2013 at 08:32 AM.
    F|26yr|5'3"

Been failing since my last post but I have TRIED harder to be paleo. So I guess that's sort of good.

I wonder if there will be a day where I can have something that's a little sweet and sugary and not totally lose it because right now I feel like I have a sugar addiction. I don't have to have bread even if I like it. But I'm much more likely to reach for something sweet (either a cookie or some kind of chocolate candy) before any straight grains (like bread or pasta.) I think that's evidenced in my last post where I talk about eating more fruit than I should be. Moderation simply isn't going to be something that's doable for me. I tried that. I tried the whole "Just one." Then it "one" turned into a "couple" then it turned into a sugar binge fest.

I'm generally very focused and can stick to my resolve to eat better...until 2pm-3pm rolls around. Then things start to get tricky, and trickier as the hours progress. So that tells me I need a really filling snack or a super filling lunch. But I have to get up earlier in order for lunch to even happen. Otherwise I get ravenous before dinner (especially if dinner isn't prepared...so also preparation is key too.) Luckily frozen broccoli has come to my rescue a few times

I really want to heal my gut, but I wish I could figure out how to get things to work in a streamline way. I'm amazed I was able to quit drinking Sprite and I did it in a gradual manner. But I'm not sure I could do that with all sugar.
    Last edited by Byakko; 02-14-2013 at 08:32 AM.
    F|26yr|5'3"

I hope someone will see this and respond..but if not whatever.

I've been scrambling to get a small database of recipes together but it hasn't worked. I get rather anxious and panicked actually the more I try to look for recipes. Before paleo, I wasn't much of a cook. I baked a little, things like pancakes and such but nothing major like a whole dinner. That being said, paleo really forced me to do actual cooking so it's all been a challenging experience...challenging and irritating.

I have resorted to trying to find 5 recipes from each food group, i.e.:
    5 beef recipes
    5 poultry recipes
    5 fish/seafood recipes etc

I hope to build around a month's worth of recipes (31).
    Would someone tell me if this is enough to get me through until I can eventually add on?
    F|26yr|5'3"

New month, new day, new chance.
    If I did it before, I can do it again.
    I may not be perfect, but I won't allow myself to spiral out of control.
    I'm going to keep myself motivated.
    I will move my body more.
    I will not tempt myself or allow others to tempt me.
    I will do what's best for my health.
    F|26yr|5'3"

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    New month, new you.
    Write it down.
    Don't put any form of sugar in your mouth this month.
    Good luck, sweetie. I know it's hard.

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast