Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: The Girl in White Tiger Field page 20

Byakko is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I saw the doctor today, told him everything there was to tell him that I could remember and drew my blood for a basic test. The results should be back Monday or so.

As of today I'm 147lbs.
    Haven't been working out.
    So I suspect it's because I haven't been eating much.
    In truth for the last week or so my eating has been bad.
    I've caved to some non-paleo things.
    Possibly because of added stress (and a super misguided attempt to take in more calories)

Failing so hard.
    F|26yr|5'3"
    1st Start: 8.25.12
    SW: 151 CW: 147 GW: -150
    HW: 195

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    No, you're not failing - you're winning - because you're still here! Stay the course, try new things until you find out what works for you. I made most of my breakthroughs playing with my macronutrient ratios. Was surprised to find out how good I feel on both high-protein and high-fat as opposed to the higher-starch approach. To really shake your system down for some feedback, try a month of 20/20/60, then a month of 20/60/20, then 60/20/20. I landed on 70fat/25protein/5carbs as my optimal macro average. But that's me! Try something new and see if your body likes it.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    No, you're not failing - you're winning - because you're still here! Stay the course, try new things until you find out what works for you. I made most of my breakthroughs playing with my macronutrient ratios. Was surprised to find out how good I feel on both high-protein and high-fat as opposed to the higher-starch approach. To really shake your system down for some feedback, try a month of 20/20/60, then a month of 20/60/20, then 60/20/20. I landed on 70fat/25protein/5carbs as my optimal macro average. But that's me! Try something new and see if your body likes it.
    Right. Maybe I have to take some time to organize things better. I hope the results come back alright and maybe I can get some guidance from it.
    F|26yr|5'3"

New month. I believe a whole month since I started paleo/primal.
    I slacked near the end (mostly on sugar) and I feel bad so I need to start fresh.
    I am proud that I avoided grains fairly easily (at my worst I ate croutons.)
    Sugar is another story.
    I'll try to track my food more closely this month.

I'm expecting the blood results back today.
    A little anxious but I'll try not to let it get to me.
    I only hope this will provide a bit of guidance.

I wanted to do an elimination diet but I'm unclear.
    Also since it seems I may not be getting enough, what is a good range of calories to consume?
    I'm currently around 147 and I want to stay below 150 if possible.
    Even in HS I weight around 151 so this is a breakthrough I'd say.
    I'm sure a lot of it is still muscle due to inactivity.
    But I suppose it could be fat too. I haven't been able to measure my body fat.
    F|26yr|5'3"

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    So how was the doc visit? Did he/she seem to listen and offer anything? Any news on the blood tests?

I agree with Knifegill - you are winning - just not in finished yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    So how was the doc visit? Did he/she seem to listen and offer anything? Any news on the blood tests?

I agree with Knifegill - you are winning - just not in finished yet.
    My BP was 110/78.
    He said I lost 14lbs since I saw him a few months earlier (that time for a week long bout of diarrhea.) Great but I obviously want to tone up.

Other than that there's not much to tell atm. I'm still waiting for a call regarding the blood work results. I'm anxious about what it is and I want to get it over with so I can hopefully move on and deal with it.

I realize I sound negative which isn't right. But it's difficult to really figure out what it is I need to do for my personal health and well-being. It's very intricate stuff and it's confusing, not to mention I just want some relief.
    Last edited by Byakko; 10-02-2012 at 02:28 PM.
    F|26yr|5'3"

It's hard to stay positive when you feel like crap, so no worries there. Just keep on. A 14lb loss is great! You are making definite progress. It can be tough though when we work so hard (even if it's mainly will power and not so physical) and change comes slowly ... and you still feel crappy. It actually is good news usually when it takes a doc to get back to you with results because they move quickly when it is serious. The bummer is that if your tests show nothing, it may be difficult to get the doc to keep looking (many docs figure that if they can't find a problem then it must be in your head - meaning imagined) when the reality is that they are the ones who have failed.

Here's something positive to do: update your signature with your new (lower) weight

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    It's hard to stay positive when you feel like crap, so no worries there. Just keep on. A 14lb loss is great! You are making definite progress. It can be tough though when we work so hard (even if it's mainly will power and not so physical) and change comes slowly ... and you still feel crappy. It actually is good news usually when it takes a doc to get back to you with results because they move quickly when it is serious. The bummer is that if your tests show nothing, it may be difficult to get the doc to keep looking (many docs figure that if they can't find a problem then it must be in your head - meaning imagined) when the reality is that they are the ones who have failed.

Here's something positive to do: update your signature with your new (lower) weight
    Yeah it is hard. If they don't call me today with the result I'm calling them myself. I'm getting pretty bad with each day. My body just feels like someone hit me with a truck. Achey and sore without having done anything to bring it on. But I hope you're right about the news being good. And I hope they show something. I explained everything to the doctor so I hope he does realize that I'm trying to be proactive with my personal health and that it's not my imagination.

Truthfully my weight has been slowly dropping for months before I went primal. I was 161lbs when I last saw the doctor in the spring. I can only imagine it's from not eating enough since I don't exercise. Still I'm not saying I didn't notice a big difference after I started going primal. After that first week my belly didn't stick out as far and I'm more solid around my middle in general. I have to get moving. My body is probably eating itself!
    F|26yr|5'3"

I was just about to call the doctor on my cell when the home phone rang and he picked up.

Anyway, he said everything was fine except for a "mild irritation of the liver".

I won't lie I am hella worried right now. I realize it could be harmless and treatable but I'm still scared out of my mind. He told me not to drink alcohol or take Tylenol (obviously), neither of which I do. So I can't imagine why my liver should be irritated. I don't even drink coffee that often. Does caffeine irritate the liver? If so then maybe it's the amount of chocolate I eat...right now I'm just guessing all over the place.

I am to see a new (what I assume is a GI) doctor on the 16th of this month.
    I have no idea if this liver thing is part of why I feel bad or something unrelated.
    Either way I don't want these problems.

The last time I had a blood test was in 2008 to rule out diseases that might be mistaken for IBS and as far as I know I was in the clear for those...now I'm wondering what's up. There was nothing regarding liver problems the last time...

I realize worrying doesn't help but I hadn't expected to hear anything of that nature. It's taking a lot of effort to not go on a google hunt on liver and what causes irritation, which I'm sure will just make me feel worse.
    Last edited by Byakko; 10-03-2012 at 12:27 PM.
    F|26yr|5'3"

Did he tell you exactly which test was off and the levels? There are lots of liver enzymes that can be tested, but the thing is, yours may always be in a higher range with no real reason. I wouldn't worry about it unless you find a real problem. You need to know which test was off and how much before googling or you won't learn much that applies to you.

I would call the doc back and get more info and then see how this result applies to how you are feeling. Let them know you still feel like crap and are looking for real help, not a brush off. Ask them how they came to this conclusion and possible causes.

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast