Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: The Girl in White Tiger Field page 19

Byakko is offline Senior Member
    M1: omelet w/ bacon (sans fillings)
    M2: McDonald's salad
    S: apple
    M3: burger (onions)
    S: grapes

Still felt bad after eating onions, even though I cut them from my breakfast so I'm just going to leave them alone until I can figure out if they're not the best.

PS. Had a small apple. Not to be gross but I had a huge burp immediately after eating it. I haven't had many burps since going paleo so...I found it weird. ...Or I could just be making something out of nothing. Lol
    Last edited by Byakko; 09-18-2012 at 08:23 PM.
    F|26yr|5'3"
    1st Start: 8.25.12
    SW: 151 CW: 147 GW: -150
    HW: 195

M1: omelet with bacon
    S: larabar
    S: walnuts and a few grapes
    M2: burger (with a little onion)
    S: Stoneyfield Whole Milk French Vanilla yogurt

I feel horrible tonight. I think it's a mix of PMS, a random fever, and a reaction to eating regular dairy after almost 4 months of no dairy (other than butter). I broke down because the nausea made me feel horrible, I was hot and extremely tired. I just took two Motrin to hopefully lessen the feeling of the fever

I won't see a doctor until the 5th of October but I hope I can last. I noticed some bruises on my legs that weren't there from hitting myself against anything. They don't hurt when I touch them.

I am so ready to feel better. So desperate. I'm not sure what else I need to try or how.
    F|26yr|5'3"

S: banana
    M1: omelet w/bacon
    S: larabar
    S: yogurt
    M2: burger (with a little onion)
    S: grapes

I sort of snacked a lot today though I wasn't all that hungry.
    Last night was rough for me.
    My grandmother thinks I'm anemic. I don't know if that's true. I don't believe I have been before (I don't know the symptoms.)

I guess I'll start trying to keep a better log of my health habits. I'm not feeling good or inspired with this anymore.
    F|26yr|5'3"

Been spending the morning reading the Gut Sense website. I've been there previous a few times and I'm glad a lot of it still emphasizes natural methods and works well with Paleo/Primal. Still, some of it, like avoiding fiber, is something that I'm iffy about. I guess because it contrasts with the Paleo notion of eating plenty of vegetables (and the constantly mentioned Dr. Wahl's method of how she helped her MS).

Quite frankly the CW of IBS treatment (i.e shovel a ton of grains and veggies down your pie hole) hadn't worked for me before going Paleo. Granted, I haven't been eating as many vegetables recently despite being paleo. Can't say I crave them (not really supposed to I guess.) It's possible I'm just being lazy but I was eating more veggies than I had been. A cup of kale. Anyway I'm taking notes but just like Paleo it's all overwhelming. I'll probably experiment with cutting bananas and grapes (that will suck) maybe even nuts (which suck seven more because I'm surrounded by pecan trees that are just starting to drop the pecans!)

Last night I felt pretty ill. Went to the bathroom, but it wasn't a good experience. (I popped two Altoids). I think I'll just stop eating onions. At the least I'll stick with the green part of spring onions.

Good news of late is that my doctor's appointment was moved from Oct 5th to next Thursday. I'll say that I'm not up on a lot of medical stuff so I have to ask does anyone know what specific points I should pay the most attention to?

Ex. BP, Cholesterol, Blood Sugar etc?

P.S. OMG can't I get any valid useful doable information without having to buy someone's damn stuff!? A book is one thing, but I'm not on the train of buying people's "products".
    Last edited by Byakko; 09-21-2012 at 12:25 PM.
    F|26yr|5'3"

Wasn't feeling well enough to write down anything.
    From what I have observed, without going on an elimination diet; onions and apples give me problems.
    Definitely some weird burp/acid reflux thing. Apples usually make me burp and make me feel sore eating them and onions just..ugh.
    F|26yr|5'3"

Period started....in a good amount of pain.
    F|26yr|5'3"

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like maybe FODMAP trouble, but I suspect your main problem is that you don't eat anything. And what little bites you do take are often fibrous. I am a burp and fart storm if I eat something bad to me, like some cookies or too much fruit.

Have you tried just 0 fiber to see how you feel? Liver, steak, fish, eggs, cheese, drinking fats like coconut milk, tallow with bone broth in it, etc. for a few days? I do that often, and feel amazing!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Sounds like maybe FODMAP trouble, but I suspect your main problem is that you don't eat anything. And what little bites you do take are often fibrous. I am a burp and fart storm if I eat something bad to me, like some cookies or too much fruit.

Have you tried just 0 fiber to see how you feel? Liver, steak, fish, eggs, cheese, drinking fats like coconut milk, tallow with bone broth in it, etc. for a few days? I do that often, and feel amazing!
    I may try for low fiber eventually depending. I'm not sure I can go all out carnivore.

And I don't eat a lot because 1. I'm not very hungry and 2. I'm worried if I eat too much my stomach will feel bad.
    F|26yr|5'3"

I'd have to say Saturday I experienced THE worst period symptoms yet.
    I have no idea why it was like that. Kind of disappointing it happened while trying to stay Paleo.
    I wonder if it made it worse...I'd love to not have to go through that again.

From today on I'll try no bananas for a week (maybe even longer) to see if things will move along.
    I like to have small tastes of chocolate.
    The brand of dark chocolate I buy is usually Green and Black's. It's the only organic chocolate at the local store.
    (However it is made in a factory with milk and peanuts etc.)
    But I'm kind of a chocoholic. And I sometimes get a small sore feeling after eating even a little of it.
    Don't know if it's the brand or if I'm just too chocofied. May try to stay away from that for a week as well.

Fall is officially here which makes me a very happy Byakko.
    It's too hot here during the summer.
    When it's cooler like this I love to be outside.
    Not to mention the pecan trees. I gather a handful everyday.
    I realize they're not the ideal nut but it's what's free and available.
    I'll try not to go over a handful. They're not good to eat right now though.
    F|26yr|5'3"

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Had the worst flare last night, since being Paleo.
    However I attribute that to eating some things that aren't Paleo (or healthy for that matter).
    So I acknowledge that.

I'm set to see a doctor tomorrow. I'm not sure what I'm trying to accomplish other than a check up and hopefully a blood test.

As everyone pointed out I probably am not getting enough calories. I never bothered with checking because I though this was all about going by how you naturally feel, letting natural hunger cue you when and how much to eat and when to stop. Keeping track is a hassle but if I must I must.
    F|26yr|5'3"

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast