Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: The Girl in White Tiger Field page 16

Byakko is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Reporting early because I feel the need to put this down. I JUST finished making an omelet. A real omelet, per the example provided in Mark's PB 21-Day Transformation book.

I used, onion, mushrooms, tomato as filling.

Notes:
    -I need at least 3 pieces of bacon to make a whole 1/4 cup
    -Bacon was a little burnt so I need to back off on how long to cook
    -NEED to pre-chop fillings THE NIGHT BEFORE
    -May leave out tomatoes, replace with bell pepper
    -I have to find a way to consolidate the amount of equipment I use
    -this took longer than I was expecting...45 min... x__x
    -Bacon and eggs = BFF (omg it's like an McD's Bacon Egg and Cheese only less gross)
    -I need a wooden spatula like yesterday.

I think that's about it...

I tried sauteing the onions and mushroom for the first time WITHOUT supervision. I'm not sure if I did it right but the important thing is the house didn't catch fire and the food wasn't burned. I added some red pepper flakes while doing so. Not sure why but it adds a little spice to it all. (Oops..forgot salt and pepper...)

I'm a little thirsty (probably because I didn't drink much water the day before?) I try not to drink with meals (even though that's what I enjoyed doing before starting paleo.) I hear it's not the best for digestion, but I'll just sip.

The bacon is organic and uncured but does contain organic sugar. Boo.

Okay, well I hope this will keep me running for a while (even though I need to get up earlier. If not I'll get my go-to banana or finish the pineapples.
    Last edited by Byakko; 09-10-2012 at 09:00 AM.
    F|26yr|5'3"
    1st Start: 8.25.12
    SW: 151 CW: 147 GW: -150
    HW: 195

unsuperb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post

I used to LOVE Subway sandwiches so I'm going to look into recreating that in a Paleo/Primal way as much as possible (wish cheese was allowed.)
    Primal allows dairy if your body tolerates it.

Quote Originally Posted by unsuperb View Post
    Primal allows dairy if your body tolerates it.
    Right. I'm only primal because I use butter (though I think clarified butter is allowed in Paleo...which is different.) Perhaps as an occasional thing. I don't believe I'm lactose intolerant but you never know. I suppose this wasn't meant to be an elimination/detox thing, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. I don't know what other effects dairy may have on my body (like I know dairy can cause skin issues or acne) so that's why I've made an effort to avoid it. Yet when I was consuming ice cream, at times I would have a reaction so...yeah it's weird.
    F|26yr|5'3"

M1: awesome omelet
    S: pineapple ring and juice (I caved.)
    S: banana (caved again!)
    S: 1 AG Farms hot dog
    M2: burger with 1 cup of kale, topped with 1 small tomato, a few chopped onion pieces, mustard, and olive oil for kale
    S: grapes

Yeah obviously I OD on snacks today. I think this was due to waking up late and spending a good while cooking. I'm also guilty of not taking enough time to eat. I have to stop and remember to not wolf it down. Could also just be habit.

-The rest of the evening will probably be spent making another dish and cleaning up the kitchen. After that...I'll TRY to settle in. I've promised myself to go to bed early but it's going to be very hard. I normally stay up to chat with my only friend who lives on the other side of the country (damn time zones). But waking up early is important right now. Still it's not like I won't get to chat with her at all. *tries to take comfort in that*

-I did 10 knee push ups and a 1 minute knee plank.

-While I wasn't brimming with energy I guess I was in a better mood. Perhaps I was encouraged by my omelet or something. Who knows.

-Jaw still hurts some...I really hope this is just because it's weak from under used muscles.
    F|26yr|5'3"

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    That looks like an awesome day!!!

I have to leave bananas alone, for now.
    For YEARS I had cereal with walnuts and half a banana on top.
    Hard not to grab one now since DH and parrot love them, too.
    Strawberries are a good sub, they just don't keep as long & shud buy organic.

Congrats on the exercise~way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    That looks like an awesome day!!!

I have to leave bananas alone, for now.
    For YEARS I had cereal with walnuts and half a banana on top.
    Hard not to grab one now since DH and parrot love them, too.
    Strawberries are a good sub, they just don't keep as long & shud buy organic.

Congrats on the exercise~way to go!
    Thanks. I like bananas because they're easy and portable. But I still need to learn to cut down on fruit. Perhaps I'm not completely over sugar cravings like I imagined.

---

I JUST finished making Meal1 (aka breakfast). Didn't go any quicker but at least I didn't use a ton of cookware. And thanks to my grandma, I now can cook bacon on the stove top. (My mom usually does it in the microwave, which means using 3 paper towels and a plate. I even saved the bacon grease (even though the thought of it is weird to me, since I always thought bacon was evil. I know it's still not the healthiest but it makes eggs far less boring.) Bottom line is, I need to decide what I will have for breakfast the night before or else just keep a container full of pre-chopped vegetables available because it probably would have gone quicker. I sort of feel like I need to eat something else with this. It's more like scrambled eggs than a packed omelet (and I only used two fillings). ...I may do grapes..OR...I can opt for the apple. Probably better. Having more than 1 serv of grapes (or fruit) wouldn't be good so I'll just let that be my dessert.

*Also salt seems to help get up the left over caked on stuff.

Today is an away day but I hope I'll be okay. Needless to say I did not get up early like I planned, but I still made good time. If it didn't take whole hour to cook/experiment I would have been done by now. But whatever. I try to take everything as a learning experience.
    F|26yr|5'3"

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Good on you for doing some new exercizes!!!

Is it possible that you clench your teeth at night? That will cause your jaw to be quite sore. Try doing some relaxation exercizes before bed and remind yourslef not to clench. They also make mouth guards for this that you may want to try at some point. It is important to tackle this early in your life if you do clench as it can cause you to actually break teeth (I have several crowns to prove it) amoung other issues. If you often wake with a sore jaw or headache, then you may clench.

Also, if you want less fruit snacks, then make a meaty one. Maybe cute little meatballs in tomato sauce or eggy mini muffins (tons of recipes out there for both). I have found that having a healthy goto when I need something helps me avoid choices I'd rather not make. While pineapple is canned, the grapes and banana are fresh - your choices really could be much worse! Have you praised yourself for how far you've come? You really are doing quite well!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    Good on you for doing some new exercizes!!!

Is it possible that you clench your teeth at night? That will cause your jaw to be quite sore. Try doing some relaxation exercizes before bed and remind yourslef not to clench. They also make mouth guards for this that you may want to try at some point. It is important to tackle this early in your life if you do clench as it can cause you to actually break teeth (I have several crowns to prove it) amoung other issues. If you often wake with a sore jaw or headache, then you may clench.

Also, if you want less fruit snacks, then make a meaty one. Maybe cute little meatballs in tomato sauce or eggy mini muffins (tons of recipes out there for both). I have found that having a healthy goto when I need something helps me avoid choices I'd rather not make. While pineapple is canned, the grapes and banana are fresh - your choices really could be much worse! Have you praised yourself for how far you've come? You really are doing quite well!!!
    I may clench in times of stress but I don't think I grind or anything. And I don't wake up with sore jaw. It's only sore after I eat eat chewy/tougher meats or vegetables, so it only hurts when I eat. It's the lower part of the jaw..the jawline. But I'll be observant and see if it's anything more.

Yes I try to be aware of the things I accomplish. I have to remind myself that it's okay to make mistakes and to learn as I go along. Shopping for groceries is still a little nerve-wracking but I do feel better knowing I have food in place and meals provided. I'm pretty happy with myself for not messing up a ton of dishes just to make an omelet (and to not rely on the microwave).
    F|26yr|5'3"

I hate shoes.
    I hate shoe shopping.
    Shoes make my feet hurt.
    I'm enraged by my saboteur health-hating aunt.
    I wish I had my own kitchen.
    I'm not going to the bathroom like I should.
    I'm paranoid that I have a bigger health problem.
    I still suffer from cravings.
    I still don't feel any better!
    F|26yr|5'3"

M1: scrambled eggs with bacon
    S: banana
    S: handful walnuts
    M2: burger (+ a few trimmings) and kale
    S: grapes
    S: half an apple
    S: hotdog

...at this point I'm starting to get really disenchanted with Paleo. There wasn't a whole lot I was expecting because to be fair, I snack too much (and usually on fruit). And I'll try to cut that (even though it's really hard.) But honestly I am worried about my digestion. For the food I've been eating I probably make bathroom trips 2 times a week tops. That's can't be normal and I really feel like if my visits were normal I'd feel better in many ways. Less sluggish, depressed.

After the month has gone...I'm not really sure what I will do. Right now the only things that keep driving me to eat this way and stay away from the things I love to eat (aka the unhealthy stuff) is the fact that my stomach did shrink a little and my skin cleared...and of course I hope for better health. The only component that might be to blame could be lack of sleep. I own up to the fact that at times I just stay up to talk to my friend. But she's my ONLY friend, the only one that I ever cared about and when I don't get to speak to her as much I feel...well let's just say she keeps me pulled together.

...12 knee push ups, 1min knee plank

I'm not sure what's going on with me right now. It could be trying to keep up with cooking and planning and having to turn attention to everything Paleo. I want this to work, I really do. But it's the 3rd week and I'm not feeling a whole lot better or different.
    F|26yr|5'3"

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast