Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: The Girl in White Tiger Field page 10

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    ....Even at 5'3", six or seven eggs seems more reasonable it it's your main source of good fat and protein.
    Whoa. I'm 5'3", around her weight, and 6-7 eggs would make me puke.

3 is about all I can do. Usually I just do 2. Everyone's different, though.

Byakko is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I'm looking at the food you list for breakfast. It's about enough food for a small dog, maybe a few chickens. Have you entered your meals into fitday to see how many calories you are actually eating? Looks like you're starving to me, but I could be wrong. I mean, two eggs is often the most substantial thing I see. Even at 5'3", six or seven eggs seems more reasonable it it's your main source of good fat and protein.
    I suppose it's possible that I'm not getting enough. Especially since lunch is usually not even happening (but that's laziness on my part as far as making and planning or else I'm out). I am 5'3" but I am not what you'd call a slender build. I'm wider and a bigger frame. Of course all the extra fat I have makes it hard for me to tell just how I should look, but I'm more muscular in general (like if I work out enough I tend to gain biceps quickly.)

But sure you may have a point. Perhaps I just don't have much of an appetite? And trust me this is more food than what I'm used to eating. Because of IBS and perhaps a bit of "paleo perfectionism" I used to eat sporadically and most of it was just crap. I can tell that my body is making subtle but quick changes. I don't feel as puffy in some areas, especially my bloated gut.

And yeah, the idea of eating more than 2 eggs is CW creeping in I think (not to mention I'm trying to be conservative with how much food I consume because of money.) Next time I make burgers I may try to eat that for breakfast. I hate using counters because often they don't have the foods I eat and I have to plug everything in but I'll try using it.
    F|26yr|5'3"
    1st Start: 8.25.12
    SW: 151 CW: 147 GW: -150
    HW: 195

Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    Whoa. I'm 5'3", around her weight, and 6-7 eggs would make me puke.

3 is about all I can do. Usually I just do 2. Everyone's different, though.
    Hi Onalark

Definitely agree. Yesterday's breakfast was actually filling...in a "omg I can't take another bite" sort of way. Eating a little less than a dozen a day?! Can't do it. Plus eggs get old REAL quick.
    F|26yr|5'3"

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I love eggs so much. I take ghee or avocado oil, put in skillet, TFAL being my favorite right now, sauté cut up onions, red peppers, yellow squash, broccoli, little sea salt and org black pepper, cook maybe 5 mins, break 2 eggs over, top on, cook another couple of minutes, shaved parm and 1/4 avocado w/hot sauce on top, oh, my, it's so filling, no hunger for 5-6 hrs.

Also, deviled eggs make the most wonderful snack or side at mealtime.

Quickly cook some high quality sausage, scramble 2 eggs, put in bowl, pc of cheese on eggs, sausage on top of that.. It's a low carb scrambler like at Krystal, so good.. Goldie on a breakfast thread yesterday posted an awesome egg cup recipe with ham, onions, mushrooms, I'm making a muffin pan of them later. Eggs are cheap, very filling and extremely good for you.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    Definitely agree. Yesterday's breakfast was actually filling...in a "omg I can't take another bite" sort of way. Eating a little less than a dozen a day?! Can't do it. Plus eggs get old REAL quick.
    Yeah. Breakfast is usually the meal where I can get away with the fewest calories. I just don't need much.

And agreed on eggs. I'm just not one of those people who's all MM EGGS CAN'T GET ENOUGH EAT 'EM UP. I eat them because they're cheap and easy, not because I luuuuurv them.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I used to be a peanut butter or cheese toast person every morning weekdays, weekend was waffles, French toast or pancakes which would set me up for snacking all damn day long. Very important to keep carbs low in the morning not only for no hunger pains but also for energy all day long. Then, to sleep better, save carbs for evening, maybe half a sweet potato with supper, a little fruit, raw honey in camomile tea works great for me every night, honestly it's like a sleeping pill. Sorry to keep harping on the camomile but it's a gift from mother nature.

Judy: Thanks for the tips. Also I wasn't aware more carbs in the morning makes you more liable to snack later on. I'd like to just forgo the veggies and find some uncured bacon (or whatever bacon that isn't considered dirty.) I'll try that one day. And it's fine. I'm glad you enjoy it. I can drink it but I'm not a big tea person to begin with. I will one day try adding a little something to it.

Onalark: I like eggs a lot but I'm not like…sucking them down. I'm more like you in that they're cheap and easy. Still I don't want to over do it. Sometimes I'm not hungry when I get up (but that's possibly because it's almost lunch time when I do. Dx)
    F|26yr|5'3"

B: 3 eggs, 1 cup of spinach, 1/2 cup green and red peppers
    S: banana
    S: Larabar
    D: lemon-dill salmon with roughly 1/2-1 cup red and green peppers and carrots
    S: grapes

Okay well I'll just have to try to wake up earlier. The problem is me waking up in time for lunch. Anyway I tried three eggs today and I guess it was okay but right after I cooked it I wondered if I could stomach that much but somehow I did. I may just stick to 2.

Definitely starting to notice changes in my body, more specifically my middle. My pants fit differently, the fly is sitting straighter and not totally cutting off circulation. I don't feel as if I have a heavy brick sitting in my stomach (even though I still have not been able to improve digestion). My "good" bra is not as tight around the band and I wasn't as zombie-esque. Cravings...they're there but I believe the intensity has gone down. I think I'm making up for it by eating Larabars. I don't feel I should be having more than 2 serv. of fruit a day and I honestly did not want to eat Larabars at home. That was not what they were intended for.

I believe it was Robb Wolf who said it would be good to get some blood work done before going paleo. But I don't have time and resources to just pop buy and ask for one. However, I found an old record of some scores I got from a high school health fair back in 2003. I will probably end up using those to compare with any new scores. I think it'll be interesting and I'm glad I saved it.

It's like from 2pm to 5pm I get the munchies and sometimes after dinner (which I strive to eat at 6pm). At this point I'm just playing by ear. When it comes to making adjustments I'm not sure what else needs to be done.
    F|26yr|5'3"

Kind of annoyed right now tbh.

One of the things that appealed to me regarding Paleo/Primal was that it didn't involve much counting. I have to say right now I HATE tracking food. I don't mind measuring the amount of food I use in terms of cups or grams (though I am not too happy with having to weight or guesstimate meat weight.) I am concerned with getting enough nutrition and macronutrients (if that's the right term.) But FitDay, Paleotrack are aggravating to use. I try to cook simply and I just want to plug in what I ate, but I end up having to search and plus in weird combos and not being able to figure how to customize foods...ugh.

Still not happy I don't have better plans in place for this. I'm still desperately trying to train my brain to work out all the details of shopping, prepping etc.

As for cravings...I guess they're not as nagging, but suddenly I find myself wanting to reach for quick snacks other than cooking. I don't know why. Maybe I'm dehydrated (because I'm craving fruit atm.) But my lips get chapped if I drink water.

Yeah whatever, I'm a mess right now.
    F|26yr|5'3"

B: N/A
    L: 1 banana and 3 eggs, 1 cup spinach, 1/4 cup red and green peppers
    D: lemon dill salmon
    S: grapes
    S: larabar

I'm not even counting breakfast because I got up and ate so late that I won't even say when. All I did was pig out today and for the first time since starting paleo my stomach didn't feel too good. It's safe to say the major fog of the low carb flu SEEMS to be over but I suppose I'm not eating enough; today certain proves that.
    F|26yr|5'3"

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast