Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Warrior Diet..good or bad? page 5

Primal Fuel
    I took a look at it too, before trying Primal.

What sort of turned me off a bit was the order the big meal had to be eaten in - that seemed a bit strange to me.

I can understand the similarities between its concept and how Primal works - particularly for those who have a one to two day a meal practice.

It just had a real "cultish" vibe to it - something which I didn't get from Primal. Sorry I can't say anything more coherent than that.

diene is offline Senior Member
    My body hates it when I eat a big meal at night. I tend to gain more easily if I eat late in the day. The best thing for me is to eat a big meal in the morning, after working out.

smartuko is offline Senior Member
    I have been seeing great results with a primal/warrior way of eating. Usually I eat sometime in the middle of the day when I get hungry. Sometimes that will be 20 hours after I eat last other times more than 30. Gotta listen to your body.

Paleobird Guest
    I tried it before going primal and it was a major fail. It led to overstuffing at the one big meal and overeating in anticipation of the next day without food.

Now that I am primal and have moved into nutritional ketosis, I have drifted back toward the warrior diet and it works great. I'm not limiting myself to one meal, I just don't get hungry any more often than that.

So I think it can be a good thing depending on your metabolic flexibility.

mdmoore07 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IcarianVX View Post
    Originally Posted by elizabeth123
    Eating a meal 3 times a day is still recommended. When you are in a diet, just eat fruits. I guess there's nothing wrong with warrior diet as long as you know exactly what you are doing!

Wait, what?
    Bahahaha!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread83744.html

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand." -Milton Friedman

Kakakatie is offline Junior Member
    I loved the warrior diet. Energy all day and fabulous sleep. When I started, I would have a snack of nuts with an apple during the day. At night I would eat mostly protein with a side. I am so grateful for my "warrior" time because I appreciated food so much more. If it doesn't work, you will know..

christinekennedy is offline Junior Member
    I agree with dado.

purple579 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakakatie View Post
    I loved the warrior diet. Energy all day and fabulous sleep. When I started, I would have a snack of nuts with an apple during the day. At night I would eat mostly protein with a side. I am so grateful for my "warrior" time because I appreciated food so much more. If it doesn't work, you will know..
    I completely agree, I love the warrior diet. Did you stop doing it? For me, it works perfectly because it gives me so much more time. I'm busy at school all day and not having to worry about finding or making primal meals until I get home in the evening has been amazingly freeing. I feel good all day. It's definitely a way of living that most people would assume is harmful, which is ironic...shows how far we've changed from Grok. I think you'll know if it doesn't work, but at the same time don't jump right into the Warrior Diet from eating 3+ meals a day right off the bat and expect to enjoy it. It took me SO long to feel fully comfortable with IF and have slowly transitioned from skipping breakfast, to eating a late lunch and dinner, to eating just one huge dinner. Ori recommends starting out implementing it one day per week and moving from there.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345