Gluten-free Pumpkin Waffles
• Waffle maker
• Hand mixer
• Measuring cups and spoons
• 1 cup pumpkin
• 1 cup milk
• 2 eggs separated
• ¼ cup Almond flour or meal sifted
• ¼ cup coconut flour sifted
• ¼ teaspoon baking soda
• 2 tablespoons melted butter
• 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons honey
• Mix flours, salt, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice together in a bowl – this is your dry bowl
• In a big bowl mix egg yolks, pumpkin, melted butter, and milk together – this is your wet bowl
• In another bowl whisk egg whites and honey until you have soft peaks
• Add dry bowl to the wet bowl and mix thoroughly. Batter should be thick but not dry. If the flours are not mixed completely add milk in tablespoon increments.
• Now fold egg whites in a third at a time. Do not over-mix.
• Cook in greased waffle maker for about 6 minutes.
• Serve with maple syrup or other sauce or syrup of your choice.
Notes: 1) substitute other winter squash or sweet potato though the amount of milk may need to be adjusted up or down.
2) These can also be cooked as pancakes.
Tags for this Thread