Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nutrition for thickening hair page

strom is offline Senior Member

Nutrition for thickening hair

Shop Now
    I've come several nutrients which a lot of people seem to have success with for thickening the hair.

Emu Oil
    for me a slight hair density increase, but I tend to forget to use it and remove it from my hair. your supposed to leave it in for 20 minutes than wash it out, 3 times a day.

Saw Palmetto-
    Has nasty side effects like weight gain and voice changes.

Silica-
    I just found out about this mineral. I'm not sure how its taken or if it has side effects or drug interactions.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    B100 complex
    Biotin
    Stinging nettle
    Start using Nioxin cleanser/scalp therapy for your shampoo/conditioner
    Use Nizoral 1% once a week

All you need to know. My hair has doubled in thickness since doing that. I actually have some light hair growth on my forehead from it...haha. Proceeding hairline.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

i use nizoral. not sure what nioxin is though. stinging nettle isn't promoted as a hair regrowth supplement. what do you take it for?

whatizmu is offline Junior Member
    Incorporate food grade diatomaceous earth into your diet. It is good for you in many ways and is the cheapest source of silica you will find. Do some searches on it to see all the things it can do for you, and also do searches on silica, which is the "beauty supplement".

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    I don't know if this would be effective for male-pattern-type balding, but there are several of us ladies here who have lost a lot of hair (due to autoimmune diseases and/or hormonal imbalances) who are now growing it back with bone broth. Also check out the Long Hair Forum. +1 silica, biotin, MSM.
    Last edited by TigerLily; 11-27-2011 at 10:49 AM.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Do you have to continue taking these products after the hair grows back?

wendyland is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whatizmu View Post
    Incorporate food grade diatomaceous earth into your diet. It is good for you in many ways and is the cheapest source of silica you will find. Do some searches on it to see all the things it can do for you, and also do searches on silica, which is the "beauty supplement".
    I second this. I started taking it a month or so ago when pinworms broke out at my daughters school. I was taking it because I heard that it was good for preventing or killing parasites. I didn't expect it to have so many other benefits. My joints feel better, my skin is clearer, my plantars fasciitis is healing. I already have thick hair and nails, so not sure if it has helped in that area. I take a tablespoon or two a day in a small amount of water or tea. I ordered mine from amazon.

plantar fascittis? My mom has it. WHat does this stuff take like? Do you have to refrigerate it?

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    I don't know if this would be effective for male-pattern-type balding, but there are several of us ladies here who have lost a lot of hair (due to autoimmune diseases and/or hormonal imbalances) who are now growing it back with bone broth. Also check out the Long Hair Forum. +1 silica, biotin, MSM.
    Where is the long hair forum? I'm not really looking to have long hair, I just want to fully get rid of my male pattern baldness.
    Last edited by geostump; 11-28-2011 at 02:40 PM.
    Georgette

Rocco Hill is offline Senior Member
    What brand of silica?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast