I'm going to start my "Primal Journey" on Monday and I am so excited! The only thing I am worried about is the fact that I am a horrible cook. I always either undercook or overcook, under season or over season. So can y'all help me out? I need some easy primal recipes that are like, impossible to mess up. Also, I have a crock pot, so any crock pot recipes are welcome.
Thank you so much for your help and support!
Hello and welcome!
Here's one that I looooooooove and it's as simple as it can get.
Crock Pot Chicken:
- Get whole chicken, fresh or defrosted.
- (Optional) Chop some onions and carrots to put in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Rinse the chicken inside and out, place it in the crock pot (I have the biggest crockpot available, so I can use large chickens)
- Put some seasonings over it; I like a bit of fresh-cracked sea salt, Italian seasonings and "roasted garlic and pepper"
- Put the lid on, put it on low and give it about 8 hours. You don't need to add any water.
Get a big spoon for serving, because you won't need a knife!
Hi Julie! You will do great on your Primal Journey. I love to cook easy and quick recipes for myself and my family. You can find plenty of simple recipes on my website.
The main site also has a great repository of recipes.
Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!
For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
-- Blaise Pascal
Tags for this Thread