Page 96 of 349 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 96

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Can you eat eggs? I am trying something new with them based on the healthy fats article. I use the yolks and toss the whites. The protein is less (that is a plus) and the yolk is where the fat is. I am also going to be hardboiling some eggs for "deviled eggs" except I am tossing the whites (I like the filling better anyway). Some of that "deviled egg salad" in a lettuce leaf, or a couple slices of bell pepper sound amazing!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Yes. Egg yolks are a staple for me! I do the same thing. I feel bad about wasting the whites, however...

I do not feel bad- I refuse! LOL Oh, pass the bacon!
    Karin

I've been feeding them to my dogs. [And, yes, pass the bacon! Though I need bacon with more fat and less protein. Never thought I'd say THAT.]

My mom bought a 10 pound box. Its more fat than anything else. When crispy it a huge YUM!
    Karin

What I'm learning is that liquid calories do little to fill me up, at least in the morning. Bummer. I do like me some bullet-proof tea I need to reallocate those calories and add mayo or guac to my pate. I think it will carry me farther (or is it further?).

My evening fat bombs really helped. Maybe another day or two of getting in enough fat will help me get some appetite suppression and calorie control again!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Interesting. For me the liquid meal works better on the days that I work. I generally drink my matcha (with 1T butter and 2T HWC) at 6 and my breakfast drink around 7 and eat lunch around 2. My days off get out of wack because I don't usually drink the breakfast drink until 11 if at all. But I think, for me it is the double dose so to speak that helps. Maybe you could make the bullet-proof tea with half the amounts of the fats, and have it as a side instead of as the meal.

Today we see Circ de Soleil. I am SO excited. I love these guys. Plus, we don't do a lot (we rarely go to the movies, etc.), so it's a nice treat. Taking mom with us.

Feeling more optimistic again today. I still feel puffy, but slightly less so. Yesterday was a good eating day. Hopefully today goes well too

I think it was Paula who mentioned it takes some people a straight month to get into NK. I'm wondering if that is me. Bummer if so

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I feel pretty sure it will take me a straight month to get in too. I never turned ketostix purple when I did induction.

I am still feeling puffy in the mornings, weird, since they say the first bit of weight loss is water.

Oh, have fun! We don't do a lot that costs money either. It makes the things we do special. We do have company pretty regularly.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    We'd have more people over too, but we know very few people here. Since we both work from home (or, I travel), we don't have work friends. We go to church pretty far away, and I'm shy, so haven't made a lot of friends yet. Wish you all lived closer (but then I'd just invite myself over to your houses).