Page 94 of 349 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 94

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I brought egg yolks, guac, and mayo. (And salt & my water bottle.) Crazy combo, but I think it's enough until I can get home. When I get to Santa Fe next week, I can look around and if still nothing, order something,

It's COLD here!! I almost cried when I saw more than two blocks of homeless people in line when it was barely 5 degrees out last night.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Luckily our city has been making a concerted effort to help keep the homeless off the streets. The part that bothers me is that we have several tent cities (3 that we know of and serve) that have risen up. They are like little communities, with families living there. It bothers me a lot for the children. Our church has a service where they cook hot food (healthy stuff, they even have a garden behind their office/kitchen) and take those trucks that open up the side to serve food (we have 2 of them) and feed the people in these communities. They go every single day, rain or shine or holiday. They also try to have a nurse or doc on board at least once a week to dress wounds and the like. I can't go on the truck, far too heart wrenching and I end up crying the whole time. But provide food and financial support.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    coconut butter is tasty as well as CO. you mentioned savory bombs.. details? maybe those would work. it will be nice for you when you don't have to travel as much.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Yesterday was good, at least for traveling. Too many calories, but kept carbs & protein in check. Whew. It's what I hope for while traveling.

are you home for a while?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

I go home tonight and then have 2 days local traveling with my boss. I'm ready for Friday, when I can buckle down & concentrate on me

I think rare travel would be fun but they way you do it, not so much. Well actually work travel is fun for me cause I sometimes go with DH when he is working, I never have to travel for my work!
    Chris
    Unknown

Home. Time to get back in gear. TOM is 3-4 days early. PMS week was a roller-coaster of emotions. I usually cry once a month (PMS week) missing my grandparents. When I did it last week driving home, I thought, why now? Okay, it was PMS week

Good news:
    * Think I'm getting back into fat-burning zone (I hesitate to say ketosis, because I'm not measuring, so am not really sure about that).
    * Sleep is getting WAY better. Usually I sleep terribly during PMS week (which doesn't bode well for TOM), but I slept pretty darned good this week. Hooray!
    * Acne came back during PMS week, but it's somewhat better. It's at least forward progress.
    * Energy is better.
    * Minimal cramps again to start TOM. This is good. I did crave spinach this week and ate it 4 or 5 times. But, I didn't have to eat truckloads of veggies to make TOM's arrival tolerable like I did in the past.

Not so good:
    * Haven't gotten to the magical appetite suppression again That means I'm eating a hair too much.
    * My mid-month scale reading said 164. My low on Christmas day was 161.2. Sigh.
    * I don't have a lot of go-to meals. With no dairy and limited nuts, it's not as easy as I think it should be
    * Haven't been walking all week.

TGIF. I'm ready for the weekend.

I'm not going to deny that I'm sad about the weight. However, the rational part of me knows that getting my sleep, acne, and TOM under control is WAY more important. It needs to be first about health and then looks. I just happen to want both at the same time

You will get there, it has to be very difficult with the travel! It seems to me that those 2+ pounds could easily be due to TOM right? seriously girl you are just one good pee away from your Christmas weight!
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Glad you are home again. I think we are all eating a hair too much this month.