Page 92 of 333 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 92

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Even though I am considered a good cook (I think I just follow directions well), I still have to taste most things I make. I let DD make the dessert type things or taste the ones that I make when she is home.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I do not taste until the end and just pray it tastes fine. I usually does but occasionally needs more salt or some such minor fix. I do not fix anything bake wise from scratch since I do not eat it. Poor dd, if she wants homemade cookies its from a package. The same for her muffins and such.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

That is ok, when she gets a bit older, she will start making that stuff on her own if she really wants it, both my kids do. Long ago I made them start making it instead of buying it, helps them to understand what is in them (ie how much sugar!)
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Ugh. Not feeling so hot today. Headache, MAJOR bloat, nausea. But, it's sure to be a beautiful day and I hope to take my dogs out for a walk. My golden had cut her tongue, so she had to wear the dreaded cone last night. But she's doing better today. Didn't get much sleep between her and my other dog.

As a result of the nausea and bloat, no breakfast for me. Will see how I feel about food when I get home from Santa Fe this morning.

Still feeling unreasonably happy, even though work is stressful and I'm so bloated my pants don't fit
    -- Ruth

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    RMS, almonds make me bloat every time.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I hope you feel better soon. Its a brisk day here but sunny and nice.

On a side note: poor dog.. ouch!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I was puffy this morning too, kinda surprised cause I had 2 really good days. Lots of water today though so it should help. Hope yours leaves you quickly. Sorry about the doggy.
    Chris
    Unknown

Been traveling (moving my mom's stuff from storage in Texas to here) and have a busy week of travel ahead. We also start the legislative session, with lots of dinners and other social activities.

I'm trying to find "fat" food, that doesn't have dairy, takes it easy on nuts, and don't overload me on protein or carbs. Sigh. I feel awesome when I make this work...but am struggling to keep the fat in the right place and the protein and carbs low enough, especially when traveling. You know how hard it it is to get enough fat, but moderate the protein, when eating out every meal, especially when you can't do dairy?

I need a few more days at home to get back in line

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Just do the best you can while you are away. Would mixing CO in a hot beverage 2 times a day work for you? That would help up the fat without protein.

It might. I could also travel with the CO (right now) and they won't consider it a liquid Thanks.

I'm eating more calories than I'd like, but trying hard not to get out of the "zone". Each time I get out, it takes about a week to get back in, and gives me a mild version of the low-carb flu. I'm slower than the rest of you, but I will get this. I feel so dag gum good when I do