Page 90 of 303 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 90

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Glad to see the scale is going down!! I think foods to influence your moods. There was an article in fact (I think on fox news) about the foods that cause a bad mood. Yeah for feeling good! So its TGIF, got plans over the weekend? If its as cold there as it is here I wonder! LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Well, cold is probably relative. I'm from Wyoming, and people always ask me how I can be so cold It's 17 now. But, not much wind like Wyoming.

I'm hoping I don't have to work. Other than that, cooking, more cleaning/organizing/sleep. I'd love to go ice skating, but don't know that any of us will really have the energy for that

We 3 (DH, me, and mom) all totally cleaned out our offices last week and the house is starting to look AWESOME. Gretchen, at the happiness project, says that an organized space gives a disproportional amount of please. I do believe she is right. Every time we walk into one of our decluttered rooms, we all feel good. [As an aside, we didn't just move the junk or hide it in a closet - we went through things - sorting, donating, trashing, recycling, etc.]
    -- Ruth

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I agree. Can't wait to purge every room this year.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Ok. Eggocado = fail. I guess I needed to scoop out more of the avocado so my egg doesn't go everywhere else, but then, what's the point -- I'm just baking an egg? Maybe I'm just not talented enough. Sigh

Wow, those avocados have a lot of carbs. I'm not necessarily worried (life's too short for that), but I hadn't realized. Good thing it's early in the day - I'll have spinach or something else for veggies today! Lots of fiber, too!
    -- Ruth

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I scoop the avocado into a ramekin then top that with the eggs (I use 2 for a whole avocado). I am still using NET, so to me avocados have no carbs. Of course if doing the net carbs strictly for a month doesn't make the scale move I will have to go to straight carbs.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

That's a smarter idea, Chris. I like the taste, was just bummed by the mess I made in the pan!
    -- Ruth

Well, the scale bounded back up almost a pound. I don't know what to think. I don't know what to do. Sigh. I sometimes think I must be unworthy of losing weight...why does it work for so many other people? Of course, I'm not quitting. I haven't felt this good in a long time. I'm just frustrated today

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I suggest that if you want to weigh every day, write the weights down and at the end of the week, take an average. Otherwise only weigh 1x/week. We all know the scale can be fickle.

Yeah, I know... The average doesn't thrill me either...or the ending week weight. I should probably just put the dag gum thing away. I struggle to put it away because then I feel like I don't have a good gauge of what's working or not. The tape measure is awful slow to move
    -- Ruth

Very hungry today. I have kicked myself out once again. Okay. At least I'm starting to understand some sort of pattern. Yesterday, potential culprits could have been: (i) too many overall carbs; (ii) too much avocado [leading to too many carbs]; (iii) too much protein; and/or (iv) too many pork rinds [leading to too much protein!]. Eating to satisfaction again today. This is a learning process, huh?