Page 9 of 337 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 9

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I always have a day or 2 delay from going off track. It is like the next day I get on the scale and think ah, no consequences, but the day after that it shows up. It has to be about water retention, because as Matt told me when I put a couple on overnight "there is no way you overate by 3500 if you were being conscious about what you were eating, has to be water"

Yesterday, I put a tablespoon of the apple cider vinegar into a liter of water and added a few drops of stevia, it was very good and seriously helped with the water retention. Worth a shot.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    It is worth a shot. I'll try it today. Will report back tomorrow.

I was on a tread about water retention yesterday and one of the comments was essentially that "You store 3-4g of water per each gram of glycogen stored, so keeping carbs in the 40-50g range for around 3-4 days with no fruit, sugar or starch goes a long way in removing stored water."

Every thing else was pretty much your typical salt, water advice. But I was thinking that even if you "do well" in a restaurant setting you are still going to get more carbs that you expect because of thickeners and fillers and what not, that are part of sauces they use. I had not thought of this before, but it helps to explain why, even when I work to do well when eating out I still retain water. That and of course all the salt they use.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    That is an excellent break down of what truly happens when we eat out. My husband never gets why I don't want to eat out very often. Just be careful he says. Sometimes being careful is still not enough.

Totally agreed on the restaurant thing. It's hard often because my coworkers want me to eat with them when I'm over in SF...but I try hard to find reasons not to.

TOM arrived. Last week was PMS -- totally explains the random crying in the car, the irrational feelings of guilt, etc. I broke my own rule - down 1/2 lb to 166.5 3 hours later

Gotta brave the snow and ice and head to Santa Fe for a meeting and then a dentist appt. Not planning to eat while I'm there, so eating a big breakfast with lots of veggies. Chugging lots of water

seems to me the safest thing I can do in a restaurant is to have salad with vinegar and oil, and some protein source (steak preferred) but no matter the protein source they are going to salt and marinate in something. But since it is such a rare occasion, like in the old days, I just mentally prepare myself and go on with life.

I accidentally weighed myself twice this am. Did it right when I woke up, then again after I had gone potty forgetting I had already done the scale, but the new number was lower so I took it, just gotta make sure I don't make a habit of it!
    Chris
    Unknown

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I was on a tread about water retention yesterday and one of the comments was essentially that "You store 3-4g of water per each gram of glycogen stored, so keeping carbs in the 40-50g range for around 3-4 days with no fruit, sugar or starch goes a long way in removing stored water."

Every thing else was pretty much your typical salt, water advice. But I was thinking that even if you "do well" in a restaurant setting you are still going to get more carbs that you expect because of thickeners and fillers and what not, that are part of sauces they use. I had not thought of this before, but it helps to explain why, even when I work to do well when eating out I still retain water. That and of course all the salt they use.
    makes so much sense! I have not eaten out in weeks and it makes a difference. However, ugh.. have to eat with the co-workers next week. The birthday girl thankfully chose mexican which is easier than pizza or chinese.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

166 sigh...... down a pound from yesterday, but still up a pound from the day before. How come it comes on so quickly but doesn't fall off as fast? Ok. Fine. Tomorrow it will be hopefully be back to where I started and then I'll go forward again. Yesterday was crazy. No chance for water or lunch. At least things the dentist were good. My teeth are looking good - no cavities in sight (I'm terrified of the dentist and therefore don't go as often as I should).

Back later to catch up on everything.

when I was put on prednisone in April I gained 14 pounds in a week and it took me almost 2 months to lose it back once off the prednisone. You would think just dropping the drug would have been enough, but not so much. Then last month, I dropped my diuretic because my BP had gotten too low to continue it. Gained 10 pounds in 10 days, took me 4 weeks to get it back off. Life, and the scale, are not always fair.
    Chris
    Unknown

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    166 sigh...... down a pound from yesterday, but still up a pound from the day before. How come it comes on so quickly but doesn't fall off as fast? Ok. Fine. Tomorrow it will be hopefully be back to where I started and then I'll go forward again. Yesterday was crazy. No chance for water or lunch. At least things the dentist were good. My teeth are looking good - no cavities in sight (I'm terrified of the dentist and therefore don't go as often as I should).

Back later to catch up on everything.
    The weight bounce is crazy..hang in there
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Page 9 of 337 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast