Page 89 of 349 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 89

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I agree on the decorations. I would do Christmas Eve to Epiphany, but can't get the family there
    -- Ruth

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I find that if my breakfast and lunch stay pretty much the same day after day that dinner is easier to figure out. I also track ahead so I don't get to the end of the day and go rats "If I had known ahead I would have eaten this instead of that" and I can change lunch if I want more or less of something at dinner.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

I'm finding that with the nuts...I do better if I plan my day. I hate it when I get to the end of the day and do a palm slap
    -- Ruth

I am finding cheese a very easy snack if I am feeling peckish. It mostly has a balance of fat to protein, depending on the kind you choose, and 1 ounce is much more than I remember it being (I weigh it) when I was counting points or calories. I usually reserve nuts and seeds for my dinner salad, so I can easily skip them if my macros require it.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

I'm rather bummed dairy is not my friend. It doesn't take much of the good stuff and I feel so full and satisfied. Oh, well. Maybe someday

I think I had knocked myself out of ketosis and am not back there yet. Sigh. Well, onward and upward. I really am feeling pretty good - energy, appetite, etc. So, though weight has bounced back up, I'm feeling good so will keep working on this angle.

Stressed about work and resentful that I'm needing to work again today, on my supposed vacation. I think not having enough continuous days off is really getting to me. Am spending a lot of time thinking about what I'm going to do. Decisions, decisions...
    -- Ruth

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Happy New Year Ruth!! Enjoy the first day of 2013!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Happy New Year! I think it will take me a week to get back into ketosis due to all the sugar I ingested.

Happy New Year.

Sorry about the stress!

I think when I get back I will kick it into high gear for at least a week, and do truly VLC, then jump back to the NET carb action (I can't go too long without that fiber), and hope that puts and keeps me in NK.
    Chris
    Unknown

Feeling GOOD. You know, it's funny, I'm just remembering. When I first went Primal (and, you know, followed the book - go figure), DH had mentioned how much happier I was. He said I wasn't always grumpy or yelling at him anymore. I feel like that person again. Happy. Better able to handle stress. Better energy (not great, per se, but great for me!). Can food really make that much of a difference? Crazy.

Feeling like I'm finally back "in the zone". The scale is SLOWLY making it's way back down to lowest low. And then I hope it will go all the way down! Appetite is finally going back down.

Hooray. So glad it's Friday..................
    -- Ruth

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Forgot to mention...one of my goals is to move more. Not the gym, because I decided that I'm not a gym person for life. Walking, though, I love. And, we do things like hiking and snow shoeing, so walking is good. Right now, I'm walking the dogs, most days. I'd ultimately like to incorporate walking to the store (Walmart, goodwill, etc.). So far, have walked every single day this week, at least 2 miles. I want to work up to 4-5 miles a day, most days, but am happy with this as a start. It's cold, but I've been bundling up, and taking the dogs out. We're also feeling better for some fresh air and movement!
    -- Ruth