Page 88 of 339 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 88

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Really feeling good these days. Still tired, but that's pretty typical of this time of month. Hoping to catch up on sleep and feel really good before going back to work next week. Still feeling pretty burnt out about work, especially since I will have to work some today. I'm trying to hang in there for 6 more months, when (hopefully) we could then have our house paid off. At that point, I have a lot more flexibility and freedom

Was very productive yesterday. Cleaned up my office and went through 6 boxes. Our big monster recycling bin is completely full! Went through our closet a bit and cleaned things up (this thrilled DH to no end). I turned our hangers the wrong side. As we wear it, then we turn the hanger the right way. At the end of next year, anything that still hung up wrong, it goes.

Thinking hard about my 2013 goals...
    -- Ruth

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I like the closet idea. That totally makes sense!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    You sound so awesome Ruth. It reminds me that before I started bingeing, I was beginning to feel a lot of energy.

scale I am currently deciding whether to weigh Jan 1st and not again until Feb 1st or to do a 1x/week thing and report in the challenge thread. I think the report plan will keep me honest.

dairy I am doing a fat fast for the next 3 days, but will drop dairy except for HWC and Butter on Jan 1st. I think that I lose better without it.

pcos I'm excited for you too.

Thanks, Paula.

I had an emotional eating day yesterday. Sigh. When am I going to learn that food will not solve my problems? Oh well. I'm over it now. I will not punish myself for it. I will just dust myself off and carry on today!

Deciding on the scale. I go back and forth. Put it away. Once a day. Once a week. I don't know. Leaning toward trying to put it away and work on listening to my body! Even if my rational brain knows that scale will go up and down, the ups ruin my day. How silly is that? Really.
    -- Ruth

Good morning, MDA friends! Got myself back on track yesterday, although I have to wonder: If the scale can jump 2 pounds in 1 day, why does it take a week or so for it to go back to normal? Goofy thing!

Taking down the Christmas stuff today. I'm sad to see it go, but if we don't get it down today, it will be up until summer! Not sure what else I have planned.

Am trying to clean out the food I have in my freezer, pantry, and fridge. I've gotten through the produce box (still have plenty of frozen veggies, now need the rest. I think I go to the store too often and forget what I have lingering around. Of course, we aren't eating as much food these days...

NK is working too well for DH. He dropped down to 125 lb. Why him, and not me? The fat is too satisfying for him...I've got to make him a few carbs so he doesn't keep getting skinny!
    -- Ruth

Sabine is online now Senior Member
    We put our decorations up on Christmas Eve, along with our tree, and take everything down on New Year's Day. It is just long enough to enjoy, for me, and not so long that I start getting annoyed.

Men really do have it made with weight loss, don't they?

I would wait a lot longer to put up my Christmas stuff, but mom and DH can't wait. But, since they both enjoy it so much, I'm okay with it.

Yes, not fair on the men!
    -- Ruth

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Our Christmas stuff gets put away on Jan 1st. Since its up the end of November, I am really ready to take it down.

I think Paula is onto something. I have been indulging in cheese a bit much and need to go back to my half and half and butter as my only dairy. On the plus side, cheese is a better choice over so many other naughty foods.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Our Christmas stuff goes up Thanksgiving weekend as that is when it is convenient. It stays up until the Wise Men arrive (on the 12th day of Christmas) which is the 6th of January. That is the day I turn everything off, it usually comes down on my first day off after the 6th. (I was raised Catholic). Technically it should go up Christmas eve, but I am much too busy then. I don't put up that much though, and I like the twinkly lights.

I had a typical day pretty well figured out before I left, when I get back I will go back to it. There was a weighed amount of cheese (2oz total for the day I think). My HWC, butter, coconut oil, avocado my main fats.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

I'm still struggling with the protein. It's either too little or too much. I feel better, actually, on less...am worried that I might lose the little bit of lean body mass I do have? I don't know

It's COLD here today. I'm making dinner for my mom's friends tonight (I'm telling you, it's like having kids). There will be some sugar, which will be easy to bypass. I'm most excited for my spinach artichoke dip. Saving most of my carbs for that
    -- Ruth