Page 86 of 303 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 86

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Wow, that is way more organized that I can manage! I would love a separate freezer. Of course once DS goes off to college I will have a reduced need, although I would love to do the 1/4 cow thing!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I want to divorce my scale...but find myself scared. The logical part of my brain argues that this CANNOT work. I cannot feel this good and lose weight. I'm hoping that if I can get things inline between now and the end of the year, I can move the scale to the garage for awhile and focus more on how I'm feeling and looking. We shall see...
    -- Ruth

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I have not moved my scale yet. However, every morning I get the idea "lets see what the scale says" then I think, " now, no.. you will not like the number.. avoid avoid.. it doesn't matter..keep doing what you are doing"
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I think part of my fear is that I got up to 240 by NOT looking at the scale. I was in denial for a long time (although I KNEW I was gaining). I'm scared to let it go. It's easy to be in denial for awhile -- the dryer shrunk my clothes (which, with my jeans at least, does happen every time), I wear sweat pants around the house, and dresses when I go to work (easier to miss the spread around waist, hips, and thighs!).
    -- Ruth

Ruth, I had the exact experience. I didn't weigh while I was doing a calorie restricted 6 day a week visits to the gym. I did it for 5 years. Only weighed at the doctor. And I just told myself the first couple of times that the weight gain was muscle or the doctors scale. And finally ended up gaining 100 pounds. So I know where you are coming from. I also wear baggy athletic pants around the house, don't own a pair of jeans, wear dresses/skirts to work. And I can't tell you why it feels right this time. But what I have lost by not being on the scale is the guilt, and the idea that the number matters. My mood is so improved because that number is not thrown in my face every morning. I do wear my wedding rings every day. If they get tight I know there is an issue. I do plan to measure every couple of months, but honestly, to my mind, the scale is a horrible measurement tool, and when I use it it has amazing control over my attitude.

p.s. love the new pic!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

I'm going to work on it, Chris.

I liked the picture, too. It was from our Christmas card. I should have sent you all a card I never wear lipstick - all I can see are my lips

DSCF2431 (800x600).jpg
    -- Ruth

gosh you guys are soooo cute!

We put our pictures on the Christmas cards about every 5 years or so, the kids go on every year. I ran out this year, I only have 1 left and DH is planning to take it for someone at work. I will take a photo and put it on pinterest though.
    Chris
    Unknown

ok, not sure why it is weird, but if you go to my "I did it" board on pinterest, and click on the blank square, then click it again it should show you a photo of this year's card. It has a pic of all four of us.
    Chris
    Unknown

Oh, cool. On my way!
    -- Ruth

PrimalCon New York
    I see the entry for it, but no picture, blank or otherwise
    -- Ruth