Page 82 of 303 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 82

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yay! Now we just have to get Karin on board when she is able.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    yep, then the whole gang will be in. we are going full circle aren't we? Really though, I have not done anything close to going high fat, more than doing BP coffee for a few weeks, so I am excited with this.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I'm excited too. I know my overall sense of full & satisfied is better. I just pray it works....
    -- Ruth

I am with ya. I am definitely finding it easier to bypass temptation. There is actually some toffee and at least a 1/2 C of sugared nuts of some sort sitting in my pantry, left over from last night's dinner. I didn't taste them then and haven't look at them today. I also feel like I am moving around more today, even though last night's sleep was really crappy. I couldn't tell you if my feeling of well being, that is definitely better, is better because I am excited at the possibility or if it is better because of the way I am eating. Either way, I feel great today.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

Me, too, Chris. I just feel so nervous. I'm hopeful, but scared that it won't work. But, if I can make it through the holidays, ill be happy!
    -- Ruth

yep, Holiday survival is goal number one. We are going to be driving for 3 days throughout the week and a half we are gone and then 3 days at my parents and 5 days with BFF and family. Control of what is available will be minimal. It was stressful last year so my goal this year is to just stay away from sugar and grains, past that I just can't worry about it.
    Chris
    Unknown

Day 3. Feeling good. Really, no more cravings and finally some satisfaction. Mom brought me a big bowl of buttered popcorn. I was full and turned it down. Didn't feel deprived or like it was will power. I was full and satisfied - didn't need it.

Have been trying a dairy experiment. I know that I can eat butter with no problems. I know that low fat, but lactose free sends my stomach awhirlin'. Bought some double cream brie. It makes me feel a few twinges and a bit of a bloat. That means that 1) my problem is not purely lactose (because lactose free products, which have tended to be lower fat, still cause pain); and 2) something about a lot of fat makes a difference. I'll probably back off again for awhile, but this was interesting. I think Mark posted a link to Chris Kessler (or someone) who teaches your body to accept dairy again. Maybe a project later...after I shed a few more pounds.
    -- Ruth

Yeah! Congrats. I am doing well also. I like it. I would sure be lost without dairy though.
    Chris
    Unknown

I'm struggling because for some reason (I have seen no research or other evidence) I tend to believe that animal fats are the more nutrient dense sources. But, since I can't tolerate airy well right now, I'll wait to incorporate them at some later point.
    Last edited by RMS123; 12-20-2012 at 05:52 AM. Reason: clarify
    -- Ruth

Recipe ideas. Pin & put on group site later. High fat, low to moderate protein recipes? - Low Carb Friends
    -- Ruth