Page 80 of 339 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 80

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I also forgot to mention, I made a proposal to my boss to cut down to part-time. We have an inperson meeting on Monday to discuss. It may not be feasible, but I gave it a go. Cross your fingers, say prayers, etc. My boss is totally awesome, but I don't really work in an industry geared toward 1/2 time.
    -- Ruth

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    fantastic photo!!!!

good luck with the meeting!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    LOVE THE PHOTO!!! Good lunch on bumping down to PT.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I am trying to get back on track today. Seems so hard when you fall off the wagon Lots of stress eating yesterday. I know eating will not change the outcome of my Monday meeting, so why exactly do I try to use food to solve my problems???? Ugh.
    -- Ruth

Here is a possible scenario....when the body is stressed it uses nutrients in a different way than it normally would. Now you become nutrient deficient (although probably not calorically deficient) so your body pushes you to find nutrients, which unfortunately, calories ride along with. Then when your body is looking for nutrients your heart/soul is looking for comfort. So the nutrients you grab for are the ones that taste really good. Historically that would have meant you were getting nutrients, nut now a days it generally means you are not. So you keep eating but you are not solving your nutrient deficiency, just your comfort deficiency. But food is not the most efficient way to get comfort, so you have to keep eating until it is all gone or you just cannot fit one more thing into your belly.

But hey, I am no scientist, just had a lot of personal experience with this and the whole time I am binging I am trying to come up with an explanation for why I am doing it. This is my most recent theory
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

I actually agree with that. When I'm all nutriented-up (like that scientific word?), I rarely find myself eating for comfort. However, now that I'm lacking in nutrition after weeks of stress and semi-poor eating, I'm searching for everything else. I need to force myself to eat plenty of nutritious foods. Even if I still eat junk, my body will be getting back on track.
    -- Ruth

Reflections on this year....
    * I started the year around 160 (with the stomach flu!).
    * I'm ending the year a bit over 160 (around 163).
    * I got down to 155.
    * Started traveling, and haven't been able to get back down since.

What has worked for weight loss...
    * Always calorie restriction of some sort. I had great success with weight watchers. I have also done well with straight calorie counting. The hardest version is to slow down my eating and stop right before I'm full (feels like deprivation, sigh).
    * What I eat matters, more in terms of how good I feel and my ability to fight cravings. Eating well = few, if any, cravings.
    * I need to plan for the occasional, delightful, but limited, treat.
    * I do best with simple foods. Meat, veggies, a bit of fat. I'm challenged because DH likes sauces and lots of variety.

Where I want to be in 2013...
    * I want to be confident. DH thinks I'm incredibly sexy. I'd like to believe it and live my life that way.
    * I don't want to count calories. That means I need to slow down my eating and stop before I'm full. Sounds easy. For me, it's anything but. That's my focus.
    * I might tweak my macros, but at the end of the day, I need to focus on a sustainable lifestyle. Eat slowly and stop before I"m full.
    * Plan and prepare. I do best when I'm full of nutrients. When life goes haywire, as it's prone to do, I need to be prepared to weather the storm. It's easier to deal with stress, and food doesn't become my comfort.
    * I need to get the job situation under control. 170 hours in 15 days is not acceptable. Working every weekend (plus all the week days) for 3 straight months is not sustainable or desirable. It's scary. It's uncomfortable. But it's time for a change.
    * I want to incorporate activity. Walking most every day. Some type of strength training. "Sprinting" once or twice a week.
    * I want to stop dreaming of the future and enjoy my present.
    -- Ruth

That is very well thought out, nice goals.

From seeing your photos, I would say your hubby has reason to believe you are sexy. You married him so you obviously think he is a smart man, if I were you I would concede to his view on this one! Actually I have been thinking about this lately. Because I tend to equate sexy with trashy in my mind it is not something I generally feel comfortable equating with me. On the other hand, I do have confidence in my attractiveness. Maybe it would be easier for you to know, believe, and act "attractive" as opposed to sexy?

I am not good at calorie restriction, always feel deprived. I know the calories have to be low, but how I get there makes a huge difference.

Obviously your job is not having a positive impact on your health, I hope you can work something out with that soon.

My final bit of advice...get off the scale. In the past few months I actually gained weight (no it is not muscle), but overall my measurements went down slightly. If I had been on the scale everyday I would have been freakin and tweakin, and that is not good for my health-mental or physical. Not getting on the scale has reduced my stress regarding my weight to an enormous degree. I now know that I allowed the set of macros I was working with a chance to make a difference (5 months basically) and it is not enough. So I am going to tweak it and will not get on the scale again for another 4 to 6 months. Measurements are good, how the clothes fit even better.

Good Luck, I am here for you.
    Chris
    Unknown

I never feel attractive, either But, I'm going to work on it. As you say, DH is rather intelligent and must therefore be right I'm by nature a very critical person. This is good in some respects (it's one of the things that makes me very good at my job), but not so good in the personal sense.

Here's something for my internet friends:
    248612841899739036_ZhiRv2Y7_c.jpg
    -- Ruth

OMG, how very sweet. I have dropped from all of the threads I join as I start each "program" (Low Carb, SPEED, SSoS) and yet here, even though I am not totally Primal, I cannot let go of the friends I have on this thread. The support from people who are on the same journey, and shoulder to cry from people who are non-judgemental and won't hold a grudge against the hubs after I have gone on a rant are enormously appreciated.

well come on, you have to at least admit you are adorable! You look so young, and perky, and vivacious in your photos, and as we all know we can't hide from the results of a photograph (unless you are really good at photoshop!)
    Chris
    Unknown