Page 8 of 346 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 8

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Look up homemade pullup bars and make one? They are pretty inexpensive at Wal Mart. I'll start doing them at home once I replace the bolt on ours.

RMS You are just wasting away!

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I hung a bar under the stairs going to our basement. I did see something where you suspend a bar on the seats of 2 chairs that are next to each other and lay on the ground and pull up that way. You progress from sitting on the floor and just pulling up the top half of the body to essentially pulling up the whole body where you keep the body straight like a plank. these are called inverse pull ups I think. You can also do row exercises with resistance bands. Resistance bands are great cause they are cheap, don't take much room and you can do it while watching tv.
    I have resistance bands.. brand knew if fact and for now if they will supplement this movement I am all for it. I would hate to ruin a doorway because of my weight at this time.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I saw a youtube of them doing a rowing technique to build up the muscle strength for the pull up. I think I could use the bands for my second LHT workout, I don't hate using them.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    165 this morning (down 0; total 6.5) More updates and replies later. Snow this morning. Ick!
    Last edited by RMS123; 12-05-2011 at 04:35 AM. Reason: I didn't lose anything more today:)

I was so excited this morning thinking I had lost another 1/2 lb, only to realize that I hit 165 yesterday. Oh well. There's today. Today will be good and I'll start going down again Guess I had a little too must positive mental attitude going on...saw what I thought I needed to see.

Taking a day off to run errands, spend a little time with the in-laws, etc. The husband is out of town, which can sometimes be nice, but is challenging this week.

Veggies, veggies, and more veggies. They are my goals today.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Nothing wrong with too much positive mental attitude. I have trouble with that on Mondays and to top it off, I was up again.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Shoveled snow today (have I mentioned that I don't liiiiiiike snow? that was supposed to be a benefit of moving to New Mexico). Seems like that should count as my exercise for today Doing okay, but wish I'd had a few more beverage by this point in the day.

I'm really under today. It was not planned or purposeful...just happened. Must just be the really lean cuts of beef I had today (and, yeah, it was noticeable that they were so lean). Oh well, I'll probably eat like a horse tomorrow.

I calculated my calorie ranges from current weight (165) all the way down to goal weight (135). I can eat A LOT of calories to maintain at my goal weight. No wonder why I had such an easy time maintaining (boy, I can eat a lot at my current weight!), but a challenging time losing. Woo hoo. I need to speed through weight loss so I can get back to maintenance

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I have been very good at maintaining high weights! I was at 260ish for 5 years (after losing 30), then I was at 290 ish for 5 years, with a bit of yo-yoing:~) the trick is gonna be maintaining at 160ish.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    167 (+2) - Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?????????? Seriously, not sure where that came from at all. Have been eating very well (and I don't lie to my journal). I can only think of two things -- it's a slight delay from eating out on Sunday (but I don't think so, because I really did okay...) or maybe my body is retaining some fluid after shoveling for an hour yesterday. I don't know. Will eat super good again today and see what tomorrow brings. Because I am going to hit 160 by the end of the year, if not earlier (do you hear me body?).

Page 8 of 346 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast