Page 79 of 340 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 79

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Here is the link to the very original recipeFood for A Hungry Soul: Spaghetti Squash-Coconut Custard Pie

Here is the recipe that I got from someone who had made deviations and with my notes in parens after...

Spaghetti/Coconut Pie

~ 2 Cups coconut milk (unsweetened from Carton, next time I will use 1 can of TJ's and enough carton to make the 2C)

~6 Tbls Coconut Flour

~ 2 tsp baking powder

~1/4 tsp salt

~ 4 eggs (I used 5, read the recipe wrong, it worked will keep doing it)

~ 1 tsp vanilla extract

~ 1/2 tsp coconut extract

~ 1 C cooked spaghetti squash (I am pretty sure I used more like 1 1/2 to almost 2 C)

~2C unsweetened dried flaked coconut

~sweetener mix (liquid stevia, erythritol, xylitol)

Mixed it up, put it in a pie plate and baked for probably close to an hour at 350

I served it warm with HWC whipped with a bit of stevia and sprinkled with a really good cinnamon. However we all thought it was better the next day at cool room temperature with just the cinnamon and no HWC. You can use less sweetener and less coconut and use it as a side dish too.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Yum. Going on my "to make list" when I get home! Thanks. Love sharing good recipes.
    -- Ruth

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    pinning!!!!!!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

hey girly girl, what are you up to. I see that you are not keeping up with your journal here, just wondering what is up?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Chris - thanks for checking in. One word to sum things up: tired. I worked 171 hours over a 15 day period and was literally exhausted. Then I flew out to CA to meet DH (I would have skipped this tripped, but it was his birthday weekend, and he was excited). Came home, worked, and then it was Thanksgiving. I'm still recouperating!!!! Nothing new on the weight loss front, except I didn't gain anything at the 15 day food-fest in Amarillo. I brought my own food as long as possible, and then made the best choices possible from the greasy spoons then insisted on ordering from. Most of my group gained 10-15 pounds - I remained the same Some comments about my "difficult dietary needs", but a lot of envy over my microwave gourmet dishes compared to their greasy messes. Hope to be around a bit more soon.........
    -- Ruth

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    "difficult dietary needs" sounds like envy to me Choices choices.. everyone has them.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Great Job Ruth. Glad you are finally home again.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

yeah for good choices. Like Karin says everyone has to make choices regarding their food some just do it more thoughtfully than others! congrats for sticking to your guns, regardless of weight, I am certain you felt way better because of it!
    Chris
    Unknown

I'm back. I'm downright exhausted. Body, mind, everything. I'm holding steady with my weight. I want to be dropping, but given the beyond insane number of hours I've worked lately, I know it's a victory. I've been lax on my eating and I know it's part of why I don't feel as good. I need some planning myself and to kick myself in gear. I need more freezer meals (that's one of my goals this Christmas!!!!!!!).

Here is a Christmas pic (the others are apparently too big).
    photocard2.jpg
    -- Ruth

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Awesome and Adorable! Glad to hear things are going well. I think we are all tweaking our food this holiday season.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67