athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Have a safe trip!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Thanks!

OMG. I just made the best "cauliflower" rice pudding. Sounds gross, but you totally can't taste the cauliflower!!! Pretty easy, too.
    -- Ruth

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Well, are you holding out on us? where the heck is the recipe?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Had to see what the family thought first. This recipe makes a TON - I might half it for smaller families

1 Head Cauliflower
    4 cups Almond Milk (or other milk of choice)
    1/4 cup pumpkin puree (as a thickener)
    1 tsp stevia (maybe a bit more, depending upon your sweet tooth) or other sweetener
    1/2 Tbs ground cinnamon (I would use more if it were just me, but I love cinnamon)
    1/4 tsp ground cardamon
    1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
    1/4-1/2 cup raisins (optional)
    8 eggs (optional - I wanted protein and a little richness)

1. Rice cauliflower. I think this is easiest in a food processor, but you can also use a cheese grater.
    2. In a large pot, heat everything from cauliflower through raisins.
    3. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook around 20 minutes or until cauliflower is cooked. If you are going to skip the eggs, keep cooking until it has reduced to your desired thickness.
    4. In a separate bowl, beat eggs. Temper, slowly with cauliflower mixture (to avoid scrambled eggs). Return to pan. Cook until thickened.

I did not tell mom that this was made with cauliflower. She thought it was pretty good (except she would have liked it sweeter - which is why I say you might need more stevia or other sweetener). DH thought it was good as is!
    -- Ruth

Yesterday's food was not the best (and the scale shows it - though I'm pretty sure it's mostly water. Too many carbs and too little protein. Will do better today. Planning to take a lot of food with me and stop at the grocery store. Cannot let this trip derail my progress!!!
    -- Ruth

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I am trying this recipe.. whoop!! Sounds good and I LOVE RICE PUDDING, I will love it more without the rice! LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

So I have never done the ricing with the cauliflower, do you just throw chopped up pieces of cauliflower raw into the food processor?

The stevia, is it pure powdered or liquid or is it one of the ones that has a bulking agent in it? I use liquid and when I make foods that need to be sweet (like desserts but not tea) I also use some xylitol and erythritol. I think mixing the 3 has a better effect on flavor for people who are not so used to SF sweeteners, and this way you don't have to use so much of one or the other. (note:xylitol is NOT good for dogs, and some people have intestinal issues when they use it-I never have and my intestines are about as delicate as they get!- so use it with caution)

I am so going to try this. Thanks, hope your trip goes well, it has been very nice to have you back for a while so hurry back!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Yes. I just chop it into big pieces and pulse it until it is a rice-like consistency.

I was using liquid stevia. Good idea on the mixture. Let me know how much you use
    -- Ruth

I usually start with a dropper full of the liquid and a tsp each of the xylitol and erythritol and taste and add, that is why my recipes never come out the same twice.

I made a spaghetti squash/coconut pie the other night that was good (did I already tell you guys about it?).
    Chris
    Unknown

NO. Do share... [I should be working before I leave...but notice I'd rather be "chatting" with my friends]
    -- Ruth