Page 76 of 303 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 76

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    A Deaconess...how lovely. It will be great when December comes and you schedule can change. Just hang in there and try to focus on the light at the end of the tunnel. Prayers and Hugs going out to you.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    It was a grueling week. Not much else to say about it I made it. So glad it's the weekend...even if I have to work again.

Weight loss - finally moving again. I had sprung up 5 pounds and was feeling rather frustrated. Today, I was at 165. That's a low I haven't seen in a LONG, long time. The key? Slow eating. When I do this, I can naturally stop at "80% full". What I eat seems to be much less important (although it still factors in, don't get me wrong) that how much I'm eating. I'm focusing on this concept full time. I'm pairing it with lean protein at every meal and 5 servings of veggies (trying to keep it to 1 serving of fruit per 3-5 servings of veggies, though some days that goes better than others). DH and I are noticing how much less we're eating. We don't feel deprived. Don't feel like we're dieting. Just naturally eating less. It's good on the food budget!

Am going to be traveling for almost 2 weeks straight. Lots of hotel time, no kitchen. I'm going to focus on SLOW eating and getting enough veggies (biggest challenge while traveling - especially in some of these locations, where "ice burg lettuce" is the best veggies around). Sigh.

Last year around this time, my grandparents passed away. It still hurts so much...I still think of them most days. I miss them. I was so blessed to have them as such a big part of my life.
    -- Ruth

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the success. I know that when I did the slow eating I was pretty successful, and it took a huge amount of effort. So I know how hard you are working on it.

My heart goes out to you at this time, I know that in time the pain of the loss will not be as great as the joy of their memory, but from personal experience I know that is a very long time. Take care of yourself.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I totally get what you are feeling. I am about 3 weeks away from the 1 year anniversary of my Mother's death. Some days I feel OK, others not so much. Congrats on the success of slow eating. I hope the traveling goes well.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Travel, travel, travel. That's pretty much the story of my life. The good news: I've kept my weight stable (about 165). The bad news: I've kept my weight stable I'm trying to remind myself that I've already done the "easy" stuff. Now, I have to buckle down and focus on a few key habits. I'm also trying to remind myself that eating healthy - even if I don't shed this extra poundage - is certainly not hurting my body, but is helping it. Here was a nice thread posted in my LE group that I really like to help me remember that life is more than just the number on the scale.

Reading about other people's accomplishments has brightened up my days and lifted my mood when I've been feeling low, so I thought I'd post a little something that has been a great "side-effect" of my LE lifestyle.

A little history.....August last year I found a lump underneath my left breast, kind of on the rib cage, and totally freaked out as you can all imagine. Had tests done, was told it was a benign lipoma (harmless growth of fat apparently). Although not a danger at the time, I figured my body being unable to control a growth was not a good sign. Anyway, this thing was the size of a large egg and occasionally when in bed I'd feel it and could cup it with my hand.

So, I've been a little disappointed that I'm not seeing good numbers on the scale or measurements, and I'm thinking I've been working my butt off all this time for nothing. Imagine my surprise when laying in bed the other day, I went to cup the growth to check the size, making sure its not getting bigger, and I couldn't find it!!! Eventually I found a little trace if it....but it's almost all gone!!

Here I am thinking nothing is happening for me, when all along my body is working hard to clear the crap out, functioning optimally, and being the beautiful amazing creation that it is.

Moral of the story, our time here, the changes made and effort we have put in is never wasted.....you just don't know what your body is giving priority to right now. I'm happy with my body's priorities.
    -- Ruth

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    So hard to keep that focused. After all the hype and years of living on a scale to remind myself that healing is sometimes a nearly invisible process. Gotta be patient.

So are you back now, or is it still the traveling life for you?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I caught up on your journal. It looks like December will be a welcome relief. I hope the job change can happen so that you will not feel as harried. Are you still sticking with smoothies? What is a favorite of yours? I am stock piling ideas LOL.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I'm back home (actually, was back last week). It's a sad statement when you are excited to be on the witness stand so that you don't have to travel

Guess what? Movement on the weight front. Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today, I was 162.6 (last time I posted - 165). Yeah. For real. I stood on the scale 5 times I have not seen this number in a LONG, LONG, time. I knew that travel was impacting my ability, although at least I was maintaining, instead of gaining (which is when these 15 pounds came back on...grrrr). Working with my coach on the mental issues - I have a lot of "mean girls" on my "team" - always telling me that I'm not worth it, I'm too stupid, etc. Gotta kick those girls to the curb!

We had a recipe makeover contest in my little LE group. My recipe redo was spinach artichoke dip. We are LOVING this. I'm making it again as we speak. Not only is it full of veggies, I eat it with veggies. Win/win. If I ate 1/4 of the bowl (and it's a decent sized bowl), it would be 2 Tbs of fat. Not bad for that much (and I don't usually eat that much).
    Quick and Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip

Ingredients:
    1 small onion
    1 red bell pepper
    2 cups frozen spinach
    3 cloves garlic
    1 can artichoke bottoms, drained (sub artichoke hearts easily)
    1/4 tsp sea salt
    1/2 cup Lemonaise*
    1/4 cup Hatch green chile

Directions
    1. Dice onion. Add to microwave safe bowl.
    2. Dice red bell pepper. Add to onion.
    3. Add spinach.
    4. Microwave for 10 minutes.
    5. Meanwhile, dice garlic and then artichoke hearts.
    6. Add garlic to the bowl and microwave another minute.
    7. Add remaining ingredients (artichoke through green chile) and stir well. Microwave another 8-10 minutes.
    8. Serve warm with sliced veggies.

* No Lemonaise? Use regular mayo, and add some lemon juice, dijon mustard, and cayenne pepper to give it a nice kick.

Anyway, off to finish breakfast and then over to my hearing. Hope all my MDA friends are well!!!!!
    -- Ruth

YUM! this sounds so good and just in time for the holidays!! Hooray for the weight movement and being home!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.