Page 75 of 339 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 75

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    To the above smoothie I now also add some chopped up butternut squash and it is actually better. Carrots would work they are almost the same taste. They add a bit of complexity and sweetness. And instead of the Jay Robb I use Ultra Whey from zNatural foods-it is just whey and less than 1% soy lecithin, actually improves the flavor, and is much cheaper. I also add Vanilla Bean Powder (from the same company-decided to try it because it got me into the free shipping amount) and it is fantastic as well.

Ruth, taking over your thread for a smoothie discussion, sorry. How is PN going?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Back again, for a few days at any rate. I'm so tired of travel, I could spit! Anyway, things are going okay here. So much to write, so little motivation to do so Wish that the post I compose in my head could magically appear in my journal.

Anyway, focusing a lot on slow eating (almost natural) and stopping at 80% (takes more thoughts). The weight is not really moving (again), but I feel like I'm getting in control of my eating, learning to eat naturally. All important in the long run, that's for sure!

I'm noticing that if I don't either: (i) have enough (quality) protein; and/or (ii) greens, my body wants junk (raisins, nuts, etc.). When I can, the smoothie is working well (in fact, the whole family looks forward to our afternoon smoothie with greens). Been a little challenging with the travel. Need to keep working on this.

Am thinking of a career move. Will try to post more later!
    -- Ruth

I find that the smoothies are helping me enormously! I totally agree that travel makes your plan a bit more difficult, I don't know if you end up with access to a Smoothie King but you can google it and they have a printable list of the nutrition facts for all of their 20oz smoothies, and some have reasonable stats. If not a smoothie king maybe something like it?

I know this is stressful for you, sad that you have to travel so much.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    You know.. with the fall coming, some pumpkin smoothies are sounding good too!!

Ruth- hope all is well
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I have been using pumpkin in my morning smoothie! yum
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Ruth. Good to hear from you. Yes, a job with much less travel would be awesome.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Smoothie friends - you were reading my mind! I was thinking how good a "pumpkin pie" (with spinach) smoothie was sounding.....

Home again, although I have to work this weekend (yuck). A small rant. For work, one of my jobs is to be an "expert witness". I write testimony, answer questions, respond to other written testimony, and then ultimately appear for verbal questions by other attorneys and the judge. One of the other companies broke the rule and did not send us a copy of his testimony. Thus, even though he broke the rules, I now have to pay and work the weekend. They will not get penalized. I know this is bad, but I hope he gets chastised at the hearing. Life is not fair. It's sure to be a brutal hearing on Wednesday. Then I'm off to Denver on Thursday. The following week is Austin, then Amarillo/Tulsa. Sigh....... I'm tired and it wasn't that long ago I had a few days of vacation!!!!
    -- Ruth

My smoothie this morning was blueberries, spinach, and pumpkin (with egg whites, cottage cheese, whey, vanilla, and sweeteners) it was yummy.

So sad about your work, it really takes up so much of life it needs to be something that doesn't suck the life out of you!
    Chris
    Unknown

I'm also thinking of some egg-nog flavored smoothie (I know it's early for that).

As far as the job, I know it has to change. I just ate my way through the kitchen, using food because I'm physically exhausted (I got up at 4 am several days to get work done) and I'm stressed. I knew what I was doing, but felt powerless to stop. I did not have my smoothie, which was a major mistake.

I'm thinking about becoming a deaconess (think Catholic nun, but you can be married and don't have to take the vow of poverty...although the pay is pretty much poverty-level). I love my volunteer activities, especially visiting the sick and shut-ins. And, even if it's not much, to get paid for my volunteer work would be awesome!

I'm trying to hold out with my job at least through December, when, as long as nothing major blows up, we will pay off our house. Then, I will either try to go part time (and without the travel) at my current job or find something else that will finance my necessary education but is less travel and much less stress (I will not take out loans, especially since the pay will be 1/4 of my current salary - it would not make economic sense, and, of course, we are debt averse). Pray for me!
    -- Ruth

I have a dear friend who is now the Outreach Minister at our church. No special education required. She manages programs like one in which they take those food trucks and fill it with meals and go to the tent cities in town and feed the poor, every day. She has put in a garden in back of the church, and gets food from a variety of places to make hot meals! She also plans the mission trips to towns in the general vicinity which have been hit with disasters. I am sure her duties are much more general than those these are just the ones I have specific knowledge of. The point is, you may be able to find what you are looking for without going to the expense or time of getting more education.
    Chris
    Unknown