Page 74 of 348 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 74

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I don't thaw them, either. Although, sometimes I use fresh spinach, but then for sure frozen berries. Great way to get in that extra serving of veggies, but feel like I'm having a treat!

Chris - I'll keep hoping that one or both fall apart.......
    -- Ruth

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    it is only a matter of time. the Oster is leaking and the plastic cap that screws the blades on is cracked again (this is the 4th one on this machine). The processor is in worse shape, I got it from DH's mom's house after she passed away and who knows how long she had it, but I have to hold the top down hard for it to run-makes it very difficult to add things to it, especially a stream of oil for the mayo!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I think I have frozen carrots in the freezer.. I know I have green beans and "might" have some sort of medley as well as a few frozen berries and coconut milk. I still have a little protein powder left (Jay Robb egg white). I will give it a go tomorrow morning Why not today?? Because I am the queen of procrastination?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I don't thaw them. Then blend better than ice so I don't use ice at all, that way the smoothie doesn't get that watery taste.

I always use 1 fruit, and at least 1 veggie. When I use blueberries, I usually also use broccoli, if I use chocolate protein powder, I use a T of cocoa powder (anti-oxidant), if I am using vanilla protein powder trying to get other flavors (say mint or creamsicle) I use a T of golden flaxmeal.

bwahahaha, yesterday my food processor bowl lost another piece of plastic. I know it isn't nice to wish ill for my appliances, but if both my processor and my blender go, it will be easier for me to justify getting the vitamix.
    May your food processor go to a better place with no electricity. Wishing you a bouncing and healthy vitamix!
    Karin

now that sounds like an interesting combo of veggies.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    What percentage of fruit to veg is best? Honestly, it sounds awful to me (sorry), but worth a try.

Sending dead blender/processor vibes your way.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Here is my "typical" morning smoothie.....

1C green tea (I brew 6 bags of green tea in 8 oz of not quite boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes)
    1C frozen broccoli
    1C frozen wild boreal blueberries (or a peeled orange)
    1/2C cottage cheese (I use non-fat)
    1/2C egg whites (from carton 100% cage free)
    1T golden flaxmeal
    1 scoop Jay Robb Whey Vanilla
    1/2 tsp xyanthum gum
    sweeteners to taste (I use 1tsp xylitol-to help with teeth and osteopenea-1tsp erythritol, and a few drops of liquid stevia)
    a few drops of flavoring usually almond, vanilla, or orange.
    some times I need to add more liquid to keep the blender moving.

This comes to about 400 calories, 30g Carb, 2g of fat, 57g of protein, and 8g of fiber.

The fat is low, but I also drink a cup of coffee in the morning with 2T of HWC which adds about 100 calories and 11g of fat to breakfast. If I feel like I need a little extra, I will add a tablespoon of MCT

Alternately I sub out spinach for the broccoli, raspberries for the blueberries, cocoa powder for the flax, greek yogurt for the cottage cheese, and chocolate for the vanilla whey.
    Last edited by demuralist; 08-19-2012 at 12:23 PM. Reason: add alternative
    Chris
    Unknown

some fruit and veggie combination suggestions would be helpful if you have them. Obviously I will not use all the veggies at once
    Karin

we cross posted, the 2 above are my go to's I find the frozen veggies have milder flavor than fresh. I have mostly done 1 serving of veggie and one of fruit that plus what I use for protein is all that fits in my blender. Then I use a site that I found for flavor ideas, I just sub out for the non-primal stuff and skip the ones I can't figure out subs for....Giant List of Dashing Dish adding different flavorings to mix it up a bit flavor wise.

I generally do 2 smoothies a day one is breakfast (the first one above) and the second is a snack mid-afternoon (that would be the alternative additions from above) and use different flavorings.

p.s. I don't use the green tea mix for the afternoon one (jeez I would never get to sleep!) I just make a different tea,usually rooibus, choco/peppermint or some such, instead.
    Last edited by demuralist; 08-19-2012 at 12:35 PM. Reason: add p.s.
    Chris
    Unknown

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    sounds good Chris. I am also checking out that website you suggested with smoothie recipes..
    Karin