heeellooooooo..... there is an echo I think

Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    cricket cricket cricket

where are you Ruth?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Annoying MDA friend #3 joining the party. Are you on a trip again?
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Wow. How cool. I am LOVED

Traveling, work, sigh. This last part of the year is slated to be busy, busy, busy. But, that's not interesting...

PN is going, for the moment, swimmingly. The slow eating is helping, A LOT. As in, I'm feeling better, we're eating less, and (yes, finally), the scale is moving downward again. Whew. Not fast, but hey, fast didn't seem to last. I'm going to need to continue to be super vigilant about this slow eating.

One thing I'm noticing, and I'm not sure how I feel, is that I'm needing to eat more often because I'm eating less at each meal. But, I'm feeling pretty stuffed when I stop eating, and I don't want to eat past my "full" signal, since that's something I'm trying to bring back. But, eating every 2.5-3 hours is rather inconvenient, especially with my recent schedule.

I'm loving Chris's smoothie idea these days. One pkg of frozen veggies, one small pkg of frozen fruit, 3 scoops of chocolate egg protein powder (not perfect, I know), and a little unsweetened cocoa powder, and we 3 have a lovely meal. It's one of my biggest pleasures in the day

Can you see this? It sums up my attitude toward weight loss today. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    -- Ruth

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    What king of frozen veggies do you use in the smoothie?

Here's hoping a little becomes a lot for all of us.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Glad you are ok, and that things seem to be going well.

Love the quote. Certain that a little becomes a lot for all of us, just have to have the patience and foresight to keep with the program.

I have taken to saving a part of my smoothie for later. For my breakfast smoothie I use broccoli and raspberries, liquid egg whites, with chocolate powder and unsweetened cocoa, then I save a small part of it to have while I am making lunch-keeps me from coming home and shoving junk in my mouth. For mid afternoon my smoothie is usually spinach and blueberries (or an orange), liquid egg whites, with vanilla powder and golden flax meal, than I sometimes save a small part of it for after dinner, depending on the timing of all of that. I am loving the smoothies, and looking to buy myself a Vitamix for my birthday (November) as a reward for staying on track and not getting on the scale till then.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I forgot that I also use unsweetened almond milk (another imperfect food). I've done broccoli, spinach, cauliflower, and powdered greens (a good travel food). My mom didn't even know the veggies were in there - score!!!! My favorite, so far, is blueberries with chocolate protein powder. Reminds me of the Harry & David chocolate covered blueberry candies (that I probably haven't had in 4-5 years).

Oh, a Vitamix. I want one SO badly. I'm thinking one of those magic bullet things might be easier for all of this smoothie business!!!

And yes, here's hoping we all have a "little" that adds up to a "a lot"!!!!
    -- Ruth

I am switching to the flavored teas to stop the almond milk. One of my fav combos is the broccoli and orange, if you put a little orange or lemon flavoring it tastes like a creamsicle (that was with Almond Milk, haven't done it with tea, but I have an orange spice I want to try it with)

I need something bigger, the 64oz jar of the vitamix will do the trick.
    Chris
    Unknown

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Ruth... so to make sure I understand. You are using thawed frozen veggies in smoothies with fruit and protein powder? I never thought of doing that.. I like it. cauliflower I think would be awesome in a smoothie.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I don't thaw them. Then blend better than ice so I don't use ice at all, that way the smoothie doesn't get that watery taste.

I always use 1 fruit, and at least 1 veggie. When I use blueberries, I usually also use broccoli, if I use chocolate protein powder, I use a T of cocoa powder (anti-oxidant), if I am using vanilla protein powder trying to get other flavors (say mint or creamsicle) I use a T of golden flaxmeal.

bwahahaha, yesterday my food processor bowl lost another piece of plastic. I know it isn't nice to wish ill for my appliances, but if both my processor and my blender go, it will be easier for me to justify getting the vitamix.
    Chris
    Unknown